Notifications
Clear all

Contraceptive Pill or Accutane? Please Help!

MemberMember
(@nicknot)

Posted : 04/21/2018 1:56 pm

On 5/18/2016 at 7:40 PM, jensweetone said:

I absolutely say go with the bc pills first!! Accutane was a horrible drug for me-left me with chronic dry eye and I was SEVERELY depressed while on it (plus all my acne came back anyway)

Now I'm on bc and my acne has cleared to an amount that I'm much more comfortable with. I wish to goodness I had tried bc first!

Hey jensweetone, how are your eyes doing now? Healed? almost there? I am 6 months post accutane and having dry eye issues since! only did 3.5 months of it at a low dose!

MemberMember
(@yasminexra)

Posted : 06/25/2018 11:45 am

On 19-10-2016 at 8:25 PM, Rika22 said:
Hey! I just wanted to give an update. 

I started taking the pill about six months ago. In the first three months I didn't see any change, but after the fourth month break outs become more and more rarely, my skin turned back to normal. 
I Just have PIH left, which will fade in the future hopefully, no more active acne, feels so great!

So if you girls have hormonal acne, maybe give the pill a try, I know, it shouldn't be a long-term solution, but honestly, I feel much more happy an confident and to me, that's worth it.  

And thanks so much for the support! This site really helped me. I hope anyone gets over this shit 

What birth control did you use? And is it normal to still have breakouts after 2 months?

MemberMember
(@nasteruban)

Posted : 09/21/2018 3:35 am

Hey!

Want to share my experience with bc pills. 
Since teenage years I had problems with acne and during the first year of my university studies it got even worse. 
One of my friends suggested me to try Diane35 and I decided to give it a shot.
After ~3months my skin became so clear I just couldn't be happier with the results, all of my friends were constantly telling me compliments, also, it really helped with my hair loss issue!
Unfortunately, you cannot use these pills longer than a year, so it's about 5 months off pill and my acne came back to me, it's actually even worse this time...
I'm freaking out, my doctor told me to start using Accutane, but my dear friend depression is constantly keeping me company and I think that Accutane is not the best option for me. 

I apologize for my English, not a native speaker over here. :) 

MemberMember
(@natali-melbourne)

Posted : 01/09/2019 6:39 pm

My dermatologist said any pill is safer that Roaccutane and I was on pill and it was working well, untill I developed liver problems and both medications were contrindicated ((

Try pill 1st and see how it goes. Better be safe than sorry!