Notifications
Clear all

Spiro...my Last Hope

MemberMember
(@dwy904)

Posted : 04/08/2016 8:08 pm

On 9/10/2014 at 3:35 PM, tracy521 said:

yeah i can see being scared for sure about the tinnitus with the keflex. the only thing i can say is to try it and see how it goes. yeah mine went away it lasted i think for at least 5 years or so. the doctor said it would probably never go away too but thank god it did. it never really bothered me except for when i would go to sleep but many times i would just put on my ceiling fan and that would drown out the noise.

i sure hope spiro can help you since you have been through so much. you deserve to have something go your way for once. keep me posted on your progess and try to hang in there!

I had the minocycline for a month and I had the ringing in my ear then I stopped it right away. It has been 4 weeks now the sound decreased so much but there still a little sound like 'si si si si' in my ear and I am so worried.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 04/08/2016 9:08 pm

47 minutes ago, dwy904 said:
I had the minocycline for a month and I had the ringing in my ear then I stopped it right away. It has been 4 weeks now the sound decreased so much but there still a little sound like 'si si si si' in my ear and I am so worried.

Hey dwy,
It totally sucks, I have tinnitus now for almost 3 years. Unfortunately mine hasn't gone away. I have a high pitched tea kettle whistling in my ear 24/7. I also sometimes get spikes which are crazy ridiculous. In the beginning I went to 4 different ENT's praying I could find a cure, of course there isn't one. Each of them told me if it lasts over a year, it usually is permanent.

I know right now it may not seem it, but you habituate to it. It took me abt 6 months not to be crying my eyes out everyday. I truly thought there was no way I could live with it, but here I am doing just fine, even with a whistle blaring in my ear.

I'm now super careful w my ears..I carry earplugs w me in case I go someplace loud, I watch what medications I take, etc...It's important you protect your ears.

There's some good tinnitus support message boards if you need support. They also give such great advice on how to live with it.

The good thing is you stopped the med and yours is still in the early stages, so it can very well disappear...

Good luck and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

MemberMember
(@dwy904)

Posted : 04/09/2016 12:57 pm

15 hours ago, shadylee said:
Hey dwy,
It totally sucks, I have tinnitus now for almost 3 years. Unfortunately mine hasn't gone away. I have a high pitched tea kettle whistling in my ear 24/7. I also sometimes get spikes which are crazy ridiculous. In the beginning I went to 4 different ENT's praying I could find a cure, of course there isn't one. Each of them told me if it lasts over a year, it usually is permanent.

I know right now it may not seem it, but you habituate to it. It took me abt 6 months not to be crying my eyes out everyday. I truly thought there was no way I could live with it, but here I am doing just fine, even with a whistle blaring in my ear.

I'm now super careful w my ears..I carry earplugs w me in case I go someplace loud, I watch what medications I take, etc...It's important you protect your ears.

There's some good tinnitus support message boards if you need support. They also give such great advice on how to live with it.

The good thing is you stopped the med and yours is still in the early stages, so it can very well disappear...

Good luck and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

How long have you taken it ? If I am in an early stage, will it go away ? I am so worried. The ringing sound has been decreased so much comparing to the first two weeks. It's now week four.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 04/10/2016 8:48 am

19 hours ago, dwy904 said:
How long have you taken it ? If I am in an early stage, will it go away ? I am so worried. The ringing sound has been decreased so much comparing to the first two weeks. It's now week four.

I took it for abt 8 months...big mistake! You still have a good chance it will go away. Unfortunately when you get tinnitus from an antibiotic it could be permanent. I think its a good sign yours lowered. Mine never did. It does get easier to live with..

MemberMember
(@dwy904)

Posted : 04/10/2016 10:09 am

1 hour ago, shadylee said:
21 hours ago, dwy904 said:

I took it for abt 8 months...big mistake! You still have a good chance it will go away. Unfortunately when you get tinnitus from an antibiotic it could be permanent. I think its a good sign yours lowered. Mine never did. It does get easier to live with..

I took the med 100 mg twice a day for the first 30 days with no problem. I rested a week and got a refill. After the 9th day of the refill I started feeling the ringing and I stopped. It was gone after two days. Then I took one more day, the ringing was back. T_T

I am glad that the motor sound and the ear pressure is gone now. I can only hear it when I am staying alone in my apartment or when is really quiet. But I am just so worried because I dont know when will the 'si si si si' sound also go away.