Notifications
Clear all

Spiro...my Last Hope

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/04/2014 7:26 am

Ty for the advice Green Gables!

I've just started to clean up my diet, it's not terrible, but its not the best either.

When I was in my late teens and early 20s I was a sun goddess, I over did it. Then for over the past 20 years I've avoided the sun like the plague, which now I understand is no good either. A couple of years ago my vit d was extremely low so I started to take vit d3..i'm now in a good range. Both my Dr. and my derm say that being in the sun for about 20 minutes a day with no protection is good for you. Unfortunately I didn't take advantage of the summer bc I was hiding out, I couldn't even bring myself to go outside and take a walk..pretty ridiculous.

I truly appreciate the advice you give, I want so much to get out of this horrible cycle.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/04/2014 12:46 pm

Well went to my "secondary" derm today bc my other derms office was closed. Yes I have 2 derms bc that's how important shots are to me, lol.

I like them for different reasons. The one I've been going to on regular basis and who is prescribing spiro is such a good "shooter"...of all my shots I've gotten with her only one went haywire. but she really has no bedside manner. Shes the PA but I like her better than the Dr. there... Whereas the derm I went today has multiple doctors. The one I really like only works Monday, so really was tough getting him when I needed him. The one they stick with me SUCKS with shots, There are times he's actually missed the cyst, or didn't go deep enough, so annoying. When I called for the appointment today I made sure I wasn't getting him. I got the PA Linda, She has shot me before and shes pretty good.

Well, hubby came with me bc we thought if anything we cld pick her brain about what she thinks. My hubby is so good at asking and remembering questions..plus he keeps my anxiety down, lately when I've been going to derm anxiety kicks into overdrive. Well I have to say she was pretty awesome. She really took the time with us which I haven't gotten from the endo or my other derm. She went into lots of details, and she got me feeling hopeful. She says I should bump up to 50mg twice a day, she says that's when she sees improvement. She gave me scrip, with refills which the other derm wouldn't do. Also she gave me slip for bloodwork for December, she says its important to have blood tested around every 3 months. My other derm never mentioned this.

On Wednesday it will be a month I started spiro. I think then i'm going to bump up to 75 then. I don't know why, I just feel safer doing 25mg increments. I'm just happy I don't have side effects now and want to keep it that way. My hubby calls me Dr. Lisa bc I always decide myself what dosage of meds i'm going to take,lol.

If these shots go well, I think i'm going to stick with Linda. She's the first person that really took time with me to explain, and didn't rush me out.

Having a hopeful day, but you know me, i'll be back here in 6 hours crying my eyes out..heehee

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 10/04/2014 1:42 pm

it took me 6 whole months before I got clear on 50 mgs a day of Spiro....Hang in there!

shadylee liked
MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/06/2014 8:17 am

Well, I lasted a little longer than 6 hours before crying, but am making up for lost time this morning...

The shots I got on Saturday didn't go well, I don't know why I have such problems when I go to that office for shots, its so bizarre, I guess they maybe use a different kind or level of cortisone..whatever it is, my skin doesn't like. Some of the spots actually got larger. Its a shame because I like the people better at this office and its closer to my house. She spent a lot of time with me and she made feel hopeful. I just have to realize I can't get shots there.

My face is horrible this morning, its like I have a beard of cysts. Each day I think it can't get worse, and it does. I took one look in the mirror this morning and I broke out into immediate tears. I cant believe how bad it is. I feel at such a loss.

I'm going to lay off the shots for awhile, they are rendering pointless at this point. Even when they do work, I just get a new batch anyways. Last week I went Monday, Thursday, and Saturday for shots and it got me nowhere. I'm going to try not to go this week, we'll see what happens..

I really think i'm going to call out of work this week..i'm working wed, thurs and fri, and I just don't think I can do it. I know I should push myself out, but I cant even bear to look in the mirror. My anxiety is overwhelming and I have this feeling of utter despair and sadness.

i'm so terrified this wont work, that in 9 months I will still be in the same position I am now. I cant tell you how much this scares me to death. I wish so much that someone could say..you will be clear in a few months, but you're going to have to go thru all this mess first. I just wish there was no doubt. The unknown just kills me.

Today is 4 weeks, it feels like 4 years...I'm praying this gets better

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/06/2014 5:11 pm

I decided this morning that mirrors are the devil. Especially in the bathroom bc I have magnifying one in there and I can stay in there for hours examining every pore on my face. I promised myself today I wouldn't go check on my face at all. There's really no point bc i'm not going anywhere and all it does is upset me. I got through whole day of not looking, and I think it has helped me, I really do. Also I tend to pick if I see something which I know is not good, but cant resist. So there was also no picking today.

I'm not going to work this week, I know its cowardly but it brings on too much anxiety. If I was going I would be running to derms tomorrow for shots and I don't want to do that either. I'm going to try an experiment this week, try not to look in mirror or go get shots..just let my skin be. Even when I wash my face later and apply my topical, i'm not going to look in mirror.

I was going to up my dose to 75mg today, but I don't know. I took 50 this morning and I was going to pop a 25 in a little bit. I just feel lucky that I'm not experiencing side effects and I don't want to mess with that, sigh...what to do, what to do.

The derm on Saturday said she saw best results at 100mg..50mg twice a day..she said when I have consistently clear skin then I cld to taper down..find the least amount that's beneficial to my skin. It makes sense, i'm just scared of side effects, I don't have the best of luck with meds, I always seem to get the bad side effects.

MemberMember
(@kirks)

Posted : 10/06/2014 7:15 pm

Hey Shadylee,

How have you been?? Honestly, it was hard, but once I stopped glancing in the mirror obsessively I felt relief. Going to wash my face at night was probably the worst, but a few deep breaths and the mantra 'it will get better' helped tremendously. Things will get better for you!!! I have full faith.

I'm with you in usually getting bad side effects on meds, but I am on 100mg of spiro and doing okay. I might try that after month 2 if you aren't seeing the results you want to. Know that I think and pray for you!! This just sucks--I know. I feel you, and I hate that I can understand what you are feeling because I would not wish it upon anyone. I hope today is a better day for you!!

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 10/07/2014 7:50 am

Thanks for your comment Shadylee.. I am on 100 mg too without side effects. It's what cleared me (and the majority of women) completely, i believe you should give it a try. And have hope :)

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/07/2014 9:19 am

Thanks Kirks and Maria for the encouragement and kind words, it really does help. I love hearing you guys are doing well, gives me such hope!

I think its day 30, tomorrow will be a month..it seems so much longer. Not looking in the mirror is helping tremendously. Usually when I wake up at night (I'm very light sleeper) I always run to mirror, I did not do that last night. This morning I washed my face and just took tiny peek. Still looks like crap,haha. When I washed my face I can feel a couple of new bumps, but they aren't cystic, so hooray. I didn't want to really check them out in mirror bc i'm frightened i'll start to pick, or find new things to mess with. I kind of like this no mirror rule, I'm not getting upset about new spots. I also love that I have time to do this, i'm so lucky. I love not stressing about going to get shots, what i'm looking like for work. Its relaxing knowing I can just chill.

I do have this one red mark that's just gross. Its the aftermath of the gigantic cyst I had near my mouth last week. It was quite big, but it wasn't as red as some of smaller ones I get. I got it shot on Thursday and it took til Sunday for it to go completely down. I actually thought it was going to be one that I would have to get 2nd shot for, but now it is completely gone. It has left such a large red mark that actually became way more noticeable when it did shrink, so weird. I hate it because its rather large, and very weird looking...its actually white circle in center, and a large red border outline around it, kind of like a bulleseye..and the red outer part is red/purple, you can see how its deep down in skin. Will take quite awhile for it to go away :(

I ended up taking 75mg yesterday. I'm still not sure what I want to do with my dosage. I just have feeling 50mg isn't going to be enough, but yet im scared to jump to 100mg. I'm still nervous about 75..i'm all over the place, lol.

So going to try the no crying rule today and see how that goes :)..keeping my fingers crossed!

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/13/2014 10:31 am

Week 5

Finalllly some good news! Last few days my skin has calmed down. Friday I just had one active, one smaller cyst on lower left chin. It seemed so close to surface and of course I messed with it, made it into a nice swollen mess, was so mad at myself. Even while I was doing it I was telling myself to stop, I just couldn't.

Saturday I went to get it shot, the shot really didn't work..its tiny bit smaller not much, its hard as a rock, but at least its not super red or painful. Saturday and Sunday woke up with some tiny pimples and they are already drying up. This morning woke up with small cyst in area that was finally healing..its a reoccurring cyst and its driving me batty..it is a lot smaller this time tho.

So to sum things up I have 2 not so annoying cysts, which is huge improvement. Its funny bc if this was a year ago, I wld be totally freaking out about these spots..After the way my skin has been the last 4 months, i'm very happy with just these 2 spots.

I'm starting to have hope that maybe spiro will help...YAYYYY!!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/13/2014 11:51 pm

You don't have to rush anything, but a lot of women do have to build up to 100mg to get 100% clear skin. Though a good friend of mine completely cleared up on 75mg. Building up gradually is the way to do it anyway, less side effects or temporary skin freakouts from the change in hormones. The point is...don't be worried about upping your dose eventually...just means you're a normal hormonal acne sufferer! I don't know many people at all who cleared up on less than 75mg.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/14/2014 6:48 pm

So no new spots today..A miracle!!

One of the cysts got tons smaller, the other one is staying same..:(..but i'll take it. They both are kind of next to eachother on lower left chin area. But besides that area my skin is clear! My marks are healing up fast, The only area that's bad looking is the area with the cysts, everything else looks pretty clear.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, I'm early into spiro. I also know all too well how in a few hours everything can change. But for right now I feel good. Its been so long that I've felt like this.

I'm still on 75 mg. I bumped it up from 50mg last week. I think I'm going to try to stay at 75mg for awhile. My period was a few days longer than usual. Also once in awhile I notice I have shortness of breath..it goes away, but it does give me a little concern. Other than that no side effects.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I get a string of days of nothing new happening on my face..we shall see..

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/15/2014 9:08 pm

Well..as I said yesterday..a few hours can change everything..ughhh

3 new spots.. along with the 1 cyst that wont budge..

The 1 cyst that won't budge is bothering me..the skin is so damaged there. Out of the 3 new spots, 1 is really bothering me. It's on my left upper left cheek. It started out small this morning, I was having hope that maybe it wouldn't turn into something big. As day went on, slowly but surely it got bigger..:(

Very frustrating how 24 hours ago I was feeling so great, and now..ughhhh

Trying very hard to stay positive and keeping the hope

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/20/2014 6:41 pm

6 weeks today..feels like 6 months..

Side effects..Was having heavy spotting for a few days, it finally stopped. Besides that nothing.

Thursday I went to get shots, the cheek one was getting out of hand. Was ok till Friday, then I formed cyst in my hotspot, lower left chin. Jeez this poor area, it just gets bombarded. I thought I would try to wait it out before rushing in to get another shot, i'm just so emotionally exhausted to going to derm all the time. Well of course it got worse. Went thru the weekend with the lovely thing on my face. I got it shot today, and am feeling much better.

On a good note, I didn't develop any new cysts besides that one. No new cysts for 3 days is a record for me. I'm feeling pretty good bc besides that chin area, things are looking pretty good. Hoping my face gets a break..It feels so good not to have something growing on my face.

My hubby and I are going to Aruba on Nov. 2nd. Today I went to the derm I usually don't go to. I went to this office bc I knew there might be a chance that they would prescribe me prednisone for my trip if I needed it. My other derm will not prescribe prednisone. I'm not a big fan of it, I always flare up horrendously after tapering off of it. The thing is tho, my hubby and I went on a mini vacation over Labor day. It was for 4 nights. I spent most of the time in the hotel room crying my eyes out, it was horrible. I just don't want a repeat of that. We have been looking so forward to Aruba for awhile now. I want to enjoy it, and if that means I have horrible flare up after I get home, so be it. At least I will access to cortisone shots. While i'm on prednisone my skin looks awesome.

When I asked for the prednisone he was very hesitant to give it to me, he said he rarely prescribes bc he says most of the time he sees such flare ups afterwards that its really not worth it. Well out came my tears, I explained to him what happened last vacation and that I didn't want to spend my time in hotel room in Aruba. He reluctantly gave me the scrip, he said if I really wanted to have it, he would give it to me. I wont use it unless I really have to, i'm praying I don't have to. As I said im not a huge fan of it, but its a safety net. I'll only use if I have multiple cysts.

I'm feeling good about my skin, everything is looking pretty good except the mutilated chin area. I'm hoping it finally has a chance to heal.

MemberMember
(@justtfx)

Posted : 10/21/2014 9:04 pm

I've been on Spiro for about five months and honestly i didn't see results until month four.But DO I SEE A DIFFERENCE NOW! It is working amazingly! I haven't seen my skin this clear in YEARS! My face and chest cleared up quicker than my back but it is all starting to clear now. I get a cyst around my period but it is a small price to pay. My skin is clear now! I was so frustrated and didnt think anything would work but spiro really is!I don't have to use the thickest foundation possible anymore. cysts would put holes in my skin it would take hours for me to get ready to leave the house. It was killing my self esteem. I know how hard it is to be on treatment and not see results but stay the course!

If you are on it my advise to you is stay on it, it takes a LONG time to see any results. I was on 50 and it didn't do anything at all for me. As soon as I was bumped to 100 it was fantastic!

shadylee liked
MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/24/2014 3:41 pm

Hi justtfx,

Thank you for words of encouragement, I really need to hear stories like yours. This is such a rollercoaster ride for me. Some days I feel like it's working, then other days I feel horribly scared that it won't work for me.

I think I have read every single spiro log on this site, lol. I truly want to be one of those girls who are so happy they stayed on it and after 4 months or so they are clear. Unfortunately I seem to focus on the negative, the couple of logs where the girls didn't have results, even after a year. I really get scared to death this wont work for me..

I think I'm noticing some improvement, the spots i'm getting do seem smaller. I just cant string more than 2 or 3 days without getting something. Right now I have 1 biggish spot, 2 smaller spots, and 1 new forming which I have no idea what it's going to do. This just gets so exhausting, all the obsessing about my skin..I don't think I ever go more than a waking hour without thinking about it. Its the first thing I think about when I wake up.

A lot of areas are healing, but I am noticing small scars now. I used to think I wldnt care about scars as long as I didn't have cysts on my face. Well now i'm starting to see the aftermath of the last 4 1/2 months of the cysts, and i'm not very happy. Over the years I hardly ever scarred, now I've got some..makes me sad. Even when I have those very rare days where nothing new is happening, I look in the mirror, and i'm like blechhh.

I am definitely having a hard time with the anxiety, I feel very anxious about going out. I used to be so social, and now I just want to hide in all the time. If I do go out it's only with my hubby, I just find it so hard to face friends with my face like this. Through the years I've been able to handle my acne, I would get my cysts cpl times a month, get them shot and have clear skin for awhile. My 2 best friends know what i'm going through and have seen some of it. But others have not, I actually think my "pals" would actually be shocked the state of my skin. I miss going out , having fun, I miss me so much.

I've been on 100mg since Tuesday, I'm so hoping I will start to see a more "steady" improvement. I hope 100 mg will start to make the difference.

Side effects are still at a minimum

MemberMember
(@justtfx)

Posted : 10/24/2014 8:23 pm

Hi justtfx,

Thank you for words of encouragement, I really need to hear stories like yours. This is such a rollercoaster ride for me. Some days I feel like it's working, then other days I feel horribly scared that it won't work for me.

I think I have read every single spiro log on this site, lol. I truly want to be one of those girls who are so happy they stayed on it and after 4 months or so they are clear. Unfortunately I seem to focus on the negative, the couple of logs where the girls didn't have results, even after a year. I really get scared to death this wont work for me..

I think I'm noticing some improvement, the spots i'm getting do seem smaller. I just cant string more than 2 or 3 days without getting something. Right now I have 1 biggish spot, 2 smaller spots, and 1 new forming which I have no idea what it's going to do. This just gets so exhausting, all the obsessing about my skin..I don't think I ever go more than a waking hour without thinking about it. Its the first thing I think about when I wake up.

A lot of areas are healing, but I am noticing small scars now. I used to think I wldnt care about scars as long as I didn't have cysts on my face. Well now i'm starting to see the aftermath of the last 4 1/2 months of the cysts, and i'm not very happy. Over the years I hardly ever scarred, now I've got some..makes me sad. Even when I have those very rare days where nothing new is happening, I look in the mirror, and i'm like blechhh.

I am definitely having a hard time with the anxiety, I feel very anxious about going out. I used to be so social, and now I just want to hide in all the time. If I do go out it's only with my hubby, I just find it so hard to face friends with my face like this. Through the years I've been able to handle my acne, I would get my cysts cpl times a month, get them shot and have clear skin for awhile. My 2 best friends know what i'm going through and have seen some of it. But others have not, I actually think my "pals" would actually be shocked the state of my skin. I miss going out , having fun, I miss me so much.

I've been on 100mg since Tuesday, I'm so hoping I will start to see a more "steady" improvement. I hope 100 mg will start to make the difference.

Side effects are still at a minimum

I totally understand. I was on the 50 mg and it didn't do anything. I even thought it was making it worse.,it wasn't the mg was just too low. When they bumped it up to 100 i saw an improvement after 4 months. I still break out but my skins clear at times and that NEVER EVER happened before. It was like a light at the end o a veryyyyy loooooong dark tunnel.

I 100% understand your anxiety towards your skin. I also have scarring all the inflammation alone is enough to damage your skin. There are plenty of things a good Dermatologist can do for you with regards to scarring. Lasers and all.

I am also using retin a to help scarring now. IT's your skin you should be able to enjoy it.

It's hard not to obsess over something that causes so much chaos in your life. It has caused a lot of turmoil for me. I wouldnt go out or date or even to the gym when my skin was bad...and it just started to get worse before i decided to take Spiro.

I tried everything and it wouldnt work! Masks,treatments, peels you name it, I tried it. I had no idea it was my hormones.

I am still on my journey to clear skin but I am closer today than ever! Stay on the journey, I will be happy to communicate with you on how i'm doing.

I hope it continues like this because my skin looks AWESOME now.

Good luck girl. Give the 100 mg a while to work.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/24/2014 11:13 pm

In my 40s and enjoying clear skin after 24 years of zits, creams, etc...DON'T EVER GIVE UP HOPE!...I am living proof that clear skin is possible later in life! :)

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/25/2014 7:01 am

justtfx,

I would absolutely love if you kept telling me your progress. It helps me so much to see someone succeeding. It gives me such hope. I'm hoping that now i'm on 100mg I might see some results in the next few weeks. I wish I could fast forward to 2015.

justfxx and debrayr, tysm for the support, truly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/28/2014 7:51 am

7 weeks 1 day

and I don't think it can be any worse. I feel like I'm going to have a complete and utter breakdown. A few days ago I was feeling "ok" about my skin, I was feeling hopeful..This morning I woke up with 2 of the biggest cysts ever. To add insult to injury, they are on my right side of the chin. The side that hasn't broken out in awhile. They look awful, and hurt so much.

I have an appointment with the derm on Saturday bc I leave for Aruba on Sunday. I told myself no matter what I would wait it out for shots this week until Saturday, and just get whatever I have on Saturday shot. Hopefully start off my vacation with at least a couple of days of no cysts. Well I have to say, I don't think I can wait till Saturday, these are humongous, and are really going to damage the skin. I haven't gotten ones this big in quite awhile, i'm freaking out.

Last few days have been absolutely horrible for me. My tinnitus has spiked to a level that's pretty unbearable. I'm praying its bc of stress and not spiro. My first thought was to cut down on spiro, but I don't want to. I want clear skin more than anything. But i'm so terrified my tinnitus wont level out, I cant live with this tea kettle blaring in my ear, its horrible. I think this is the lowest I have felt on my spiro journey. Last 2 mornings I have had complete and utter break downs, I cant describe the despair and anxiety I feel.

If any fellow spiro users could pleassse tell me again how this is the process..that its happened to you, but yet you cleared up. That you thought there was no way you would ever be clear, but here you are, clear skin. I'd so appreciate the support and hope. Right now I feel so hopeless.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 11/11/2014 5:25 pm

9 weeks 1 day

Well things are way better. I did go get those 2 buggers shot that day, I couldn't take it. That was 2 weeks ago. My skin started to be clearish after that. I left for Aruba on Nov. 2nd with the clearest skin I had in months. Felt really good. I was clear until the 2nd to last day of my trip which was Friday. I got a cyst that wasn't huge, but I popped my prednisone bc I wanted to enjoy the ending of my vacation without freaking out about my skin. I took the prednisone for 3 days, I stopped on Sunday. Since then my skin has been clear, I have zero actives right now. I don't know if its bc spiro is kicking in or its just aftermath of prednisone. Before I took the prednisone tho I noticed my skin was doing better, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm just so happy I was able to enjoy my vacation.

I am still suffering from the anxiety every morning tho. I wake up with it, I cant stand it. It takes me awhile to make it to the bathroom mirror. Even when I don't have something new on my face, it takes awhile for the anxiety to calm, it totally sucks. I'm hoping if I sustain some kind of clearing for awhile it will subside.

Besides having a little longer period than I used to have, still no side effects. I'm so glad my body is tolerating 100mg.

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 11/13/2014 5:50 pm

9 weeks 3 days

Still clear, I can hardly believe it. This is longest I've gone in months without something new popping up. I have verrrry hard time believing it will last. I'm not even "enjoying" my skin right now bc I feel like any second something is going to pop up. It will probably take weeks and weeks of sustained clarity where I might be able to believe.

I do have 2 underskin bumps on my chin which terrify me. They aren't red or inflamed, but I feel them. They are driving me crazy, I feel like they are going to turn cystic at any point, they are giving me such anxiety. I think they are leftover remnants of old cysts but not completely sure. That area was so bombarded I cant even remember or tell where cysts were.

I am happy the way my skin is healing, a lot of red marks have faded. My whole upper face is clear, no marks. My chin has 4 marks, 2 are fading nicely, other 2 are darkish. I will definitely have a scar on the left side of chin, I can see it, but its not horrible. I also have had a pea sized red mark on my neck from a cyst I got 3 months ago, and jeez its hardly faded at all. I forget about it bc its not on my face, but now that my face is clearing im back to obsessing about it. I never had a red mark last this long without fading a little bit, its so annoying. Next time I go to derm going to ask wth I can do about it.

Well I think spiro is finally kicking in, I am sooo grateful!

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 11/17/2014 8:50 am

10 weeks..

This weekend was pretty awesome..First time in sooo long I felt like the old me. No breakouts for the week. Yesterday afternoon felt lump on leftside of chin, near the lip. Got a little bummed out but was able to pretty much ignore it. This morning I woke up, its a regular pimple that came to a head, so happy about that. I also woke up to a new lump on left cheek near nose. I have no idea what its going to do, its too early, its still deciding lol. I hate the wait so much to see if a lump is going to turn cystic or not, its such torture.

Overall I really cant complain, my skin is so much better than it was. I'm hoping someday tho that I wont be breaking out at all. I'm just tired of the anxiety it brings. I get my period in 12 days, I usually start to break out really bad 9 days before. I'm hoping it will be calmer this month, keeping my fingers crossed. It felt so good last week not breaking out, not running to the derm for shots.

Next month I have to take blood test. My derm wont give me refill without it. So of course I'm obsessing about that. So nervous something will come back bad. I've been totally obsessing about my potassium intake. I looked at my last 3 blood test results..I got one in July, August and September. July my potassium was 4.3..August was 4.7..then September was 4.5...I wish it was a little lower...The good thing I suppose is the when I took the blood test in September I was on spiro for like 3 weeks and my potassium lowered a little bit. I'm just so scared to death I wont get my refills. I never realized how much potassium was in the foods I love..I basically love everything potassium!

I'm really happy with the way spiro is working, I am really starting to see difference in my skin, I hope as time goes on it keeps getting better.

Still no bad side effects..just a little longer periods and once in awhile I get a nauseous feeling, that's about it.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 11/19/2014 6:31 pm

Well the thing by my nose ended up being just a small pimple..yayyy! Tuesday morning woke up with a biggish spot on my chin and a lip zit. I cannot tell you how much I hate lip zits. I literally get them on the line of my lip. They get red as hell and stay with me for a couple of weeks. I don't like to get cortisone shots for those suckers bc I usually get atrophy in the lip line.

With that said, I thought for sure the chin one was going to turn cystic and that I wld have to deal with the lip one. Wellll..they both came to a head and now they are small as can be. I truly cant believe it. 98% of the time my lumps turn into cysts..I cannot tell you how happy I am. I truly believe spiro is starting to work. I would like to be not breaking out at all, but believe me, I will take this. Small pimples I can deal with. Its 2 1/2 weeks since my last cortisone shot, it feels so wonderful.

The coming days will be telling, my period comes next week. Keeping my fingers crossed! As of right now, I am LOVING spiro!!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/19/2014 6:54 pm

Well the thing by my nose ended up being just a small pimple..yayyy! Tuesday morning woke up with a biggish spot on my chin and a lip zit. I cannot tell you how much I hate lip zits. I literally get them on the line of my lip. They get red as hell and stay with me for a couple of weeks. I don't like to get cortisone shots for those suckers bc I usually get atrophy in the lip line.

With that said, I thought for sure the chin one was going to turn cystic and that I wld have to deal with the lip one. Wellll..they both came to a head and now they are small as can be. I truly cant believe it. 98% of the time my lumps turn into cysts..I cannot tell you how happy I am. I truly believe spiro is starting to work. I would like to be not breaking out at all, but believe me, I will take this. Small pimples I can deal with. Its 2 1/2 weeks since my last cortisone shot, it feels so wonderful.

The coming days will be telling, my period comes next week. Keeping my fingers crossed! As of right now, I am LOVING spiro!!

I am so excited for you! You deserve a break from everything!

shadylee liked
MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/20/2014 5:56 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself

Im Kim..41r old mom from Jersey

I started breaking out 3-4 yrs ago and it went from bad to worse.

I have seen 4 different derms over the past 4 yrs..was told by 3 of them I wasnt bad 'enough' for spiro

Been on antibiotics for a year and have tried at least 5-6 rx topicals as well as sal acid, aha, bha.,,u name it..diet changes, vitamins..etc

My last derm rec low dose accutane for 6mnths..at first it was a shocker

she said if she was me she would rather low dose accutane for a few mnths than endless time on spiro or bcp or anything that would affect my hormones long term

flat out refused spiro

It took a lot of time but I decided to go for it..I cant live like this anymore

My self esteem has taken a HUGE hit and Ive cancelled plans and not gone out of the house because of my face

I only started accutane 4 days ago (20mg )and am scared shitless!

GOOD LUCK to everyone!

Kim