Notifications
Clear all

Dim-Plus: Hormone Regulating Acne Miracle

MemberMember
(@babyshanks)

Posted : 08/05/2014 6:30 pm

BabyShanks, did you notice that DIM improved the acne you had or did it just prevented new acne from coming up and then your active acne just ran its course?

Thx

B

I think I've seen DIM discussed here before, but I don't remember anyone discussing whether the product has worked for them or not. DIM-plus is a supplement derived from broccoli and cauliflower which lowers bad estrogen that causes hormonal acne. I've seen a couple youtube testimonials of males saying that it has worked for them as well, but not many from women talking about acne.

I tried everything to relieve my extremely painful, cystic acne. I literally had huge cysts covering my face. I've tried birth control, which worked, but I didn't want to continue due to side effects and risks of heart problems, antibiotics, complete change in diet (no dairy, grains, sugars) and NOTHING worked. I went to many doctors and dermatologists but because I refused to try Acutane, they always ended up telling me that there was nothing else I could do.

Dim-Plus started working RIGHT AWAY. Due to the extensive redness on my pale skin, the red post acne marks began to finally go away after 4 months or so.

I'm so happy and proud of myself for finding this cure and I want to share it with everyone that is suffering!

I couldn't put my face on my pillow to sleep at night from pain. I remember going to my college's open house and I need to carry around napkins to dab the pus leaking from my cysts.

February 2013. This is what I considered a "GOOD DAY" at the time.

t0hsvc.jpg

Today, June 29th, 2014. I started using Dim-plus in September 2013. All I have is a couple scars from the really bad cysts. I use a simple glycolic toner a couple times a week to smooth out the scars.

I don't wash my face as often as is typically suggested. I like to let my skin sit with it's natural oils as long as possible.

Typical acne washes aided in destroying my skin. I avoid products with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and sulfates. You really don't want extra, unnecessary inflammation if you want your skin to heal! I like African shea butter soaps; they're simple and gentle. (this is me during the TIME OF THE MONTH, usually my skin would be suffering).

34donf9.jpg

This moisturizer also saved my skin from the extreme dryness. It's the only moisturizer that has actually helped my oil glands start working again on their own! My friends (with perfect skin) borrowed some as a spot treatment on their zits (somehow they both got pimples on their necks at the same time?) and they were gone the next day.

http://www.sephora.com/ultra-repair-cream-P248407?skuId=1217744

This is the site that I buy the supplement from now. It's the cheapest place to get 120 capsule bottles and you can get free shipping if you spend a certain amount. I take it as suggested; 2 capsules once a day with food to increase absorption. $18 may seem expensive, but it will last you 2 months, so that's like $9 a month (FOR CLEAR SKIN-totally worth it). I've experienced NO side effects what so ever which is exactly what I wanted in an acne treatment.

http://www.supersup.com/natures-way-dim-plus-120-capsules-033674148501

Any questions please ask!!

The acne that I had when I first started taking it healed really fast and I had really big, deep zits, and my skin was extremely bumpy. Usually it would take a couple weeks for a pimple to heal, but my skin got smooth REALLY fast. So yeah, it healed what I already had and prevented anymore from forming.

I don't have any experience with semen, so I wouldn't know about that.

Even on DIM, I still get 1 or 2 small white heads from stress, but I am usually very anxious and I've been taking exams almost every week this month. Everyone is different and I think my estrogen was really strong to begin with, my breasts grew from a C cup to a DD cup in about 2 years with very little weight gain.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 08/05/2014 7:09 pm

I haven't read through the whole thread, but just wanted to say congrats on your progress!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/05/2014 9:40 pm

Oh, I didn't see that post. I'm sorry to hear that you're stressed and sad . How long will your boyfriend be gone for?

I'm not sure about ingesting semen as a trigger, but I know a lot of people say they are more likely to breakout when they're feeling/being sexual, so perhaps that's it? And no worries about TMI, we all do it, lol.

If it's an externally triggered breakout, rather than a hormonal imbalance or issue with medication, it should clear up more quickly. Try putting a warm compress on the problem area and possibly putting some hydrocortisone cream on it to reduce inflammation, and as a bonus having cream on reduces the likelihood that you'll pick.

Sending you positive energy!

Oh, I'm sorry you're going through that, WishClean! I hope it clears up for you soon. brenmc had some good advice about the warm compress... also putting something soothing on like aloe can help inflammation (especially from picking) as I'm sure you already know.

I don't want to get overly TMI either (sorry everyone), but I have broken out in small bumps where my bf's semen was left on my skin. I think it's possible, though maybe not as common when ingested. That specifically has never happened to me.

Hi brenmc and hearts,

Thank you for your concern. I didn't want to dominate this thread, but I appreciate the tips. I definitely will not experiment with semen anymore, haha. I think I also got those little bumps as well.

My breakouts seem to be emotional...I have had some minor panic attacks because I'm moving and have no idea where my life is headed. My boyfriend left yesterday as well, but he has to temporarily move to the other side of the world, so I think we are currently on pause. Not sure why everything is going downhill, but it makes sense that my skin would quickly follow as well. Ironically, though, now that my bf left, my skin is better. I haven't worn makeup in 2 days, that might be why.

Oh, and I"m trying to stay away from too many grains and sugar. I guess the only positive thing about the bf leaving is that I can get my diet and exercise habits back on track.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 08/05/2014 10:38 pm

If you want to talk more you can post in my Now What thread. Doesn't it always seem to go that way, bad or stressful things come in waves? I'll just say that long distance is possible, my husband and I were long distance for a year before we got married. :)

I actually posted a question that I would greatly appreciate your expertise in in my thread regarding metformin and inositol increasing progesterone too much.

I'm here for you if you need to vent, sometimes it helps relieve anxiety to just say what's troubling you out loud.

B

Oh, I didn't see that post. I'm sorry to hear that you're stressed and sad . How long will your boyfriend be gone for?

I'm not sure about ingesting semen as a trigger, but I know a lot of people say they are more likely to breakout when they're feeling/being sexual, so perhaps that's it? And no worries about TMI, we all do it, lol.

If it's an externally triggered breakout, rather than a hormonal imbalance or issue with medication, it should clear up more quickly. Try putting a warm compress on the problem area and possibly putting some hydrocortisone cream on it to reduce inflammation, and as a bonus having cream on reduces the likelihood that you'll pick.

Sending you positive energy!

Oh, I'm sorry you're going through that, WishClean! I hope it clears up for you soon. brenmc had some good advice about the warm compress... also putting something soothing on like aloe can help inflammation (especially from picking) as I'm sure you already know.

I don't want to get overly TMI either (sorry everyone), but I have broken out in small bumps where my bf's semen was left on my skin. I think it's possible, though maybe not as common when ingested. That specifically has never happened to me.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/05/2014 11:22 pm

thanks brenmc. I posted on your Now What thread...hope it helps!

The acne that I had when I first started taking it healed really fast and I had really big, deep zits, and my skin was extremely bumpy. Usually it would take a couple weeks for a pimple to heal, but my skin got smooth REALLY fast. So yeah, it healed what I already had and prevented anymore from forming.

I don't have any experience with semen, so I wouldn't know about that.

Even on DIM, I still get 1 or 2 small white heads from stress, but I am usually very anxious and I've been taking exams almost every week this month. Everyone is different and I think my estrogen was really strong to begin with, my breasts grew from a C cup to a DD cup in about 2 years with very little weight gain.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 08/19/2014 9:50 pm

Hi BabyShanks, I've been on DIM for a little over three weeks now and I am still breaking out. Did you continue to breakout this long? Did you take only two per day or up to four, as recommended on the bottle? Thanks!

I think I've seen DIM discussed here before, but I don't remember anyone discussing whether the product has worked for them or not. DIM-plus is a supplement derived from broccoli and cauliflower which lowers bad estrogen that causes hormonal acne. I've seen a couple youtube testimonials of males saying that it has worked for them as well, but not many from women talking about acne.
I tried everything to relieve my extremely painful, cystic acne. I literally had huge cysts covering my face. I've tried birth control, which worked, but I didn't want to continue due to side effects and risks of heart problems, antibiotics, complete change in diet (no dairy, grains, sugars) and NOTHING worked. I went to many doctors and dermatologists but because I refused to try Acutane, they always ended up telling me that there was nothing else I could do.
Dim-Plus started working RIGHT AWAY. Due to the extensive redness on my pale skin, the red post acne marks began to finally go away after 4 months or so.
I'm so happy and proud of myself for finding this cure and I want to share it with everyone that is suffering!
I couldn't put my face on my pillow to sleep at night from pain. I remember going to my college's open house and I need to carry around napkins to dab the pus leaking from my cysts.
February 2013. This is what I considered a "GOOD DAY" at the time.
t0hsvc.jpg
Today, June 29th, 2014. I started using Dim-plus in September 2013. All I have is a couple scars from the really bad cysts. I use a simple glycolic toner a couple times a week to smooth out the scars.
I don't wash my face as often as is typically suggested. I like to let my skin sit with it's natural oils as long as possible.
Typical acne washes aided in destroying my skin. I avoid products with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and sulfates. You really don't want extra, unnecessary inflammation if you want your skin to heal! I like African shea butter soaps; they're simple and gentle. (this is me during the TIME OF THE MONTH, usually my skin would be suffering).
34donf9.jpg
This moisturizer also saved my skin from the extreme dryness. It's the only moisturizer that has actually helped my oil glands start working again on their own! My friends (with perfect skin) borrowed some as a spot treatment on their zits (somehow they both got pimples on their necks at the same time?) and they were gone the next day.
This is the site that I buy the supplement from now. It's the cheapest place to get 120 capsule bottles and you can get free shipping if you spend a certain amount. I take it as suggested; 2 capsules once a day with food to increase absorption. $18 may seem expensive, but it will last you 2 months, so that's like $9 a month (FOR CLEAR SKIN-totally worth it). I've experienced NO side effects what so ever which is exactly what I wanted in an acne treatment.
Any questions please ask!!
MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/19/2014 10:46 pm

brenmc, for me, DIM seemed to be working very early so I felt confident to up the dose. Then it kind of hits a plateau and that's where you'll need to figure out whether to increase or decrease it. I'm still figuring that out myself.