Notifications
Clear all

Got My Hormones Tested This Past Week, And I'm So Lost!

MemberMember
(@germandolls)

Posted : 05/29/2014 12:04 am

i requested my hormones to be tested because i know they're all out of wack...

quick backstory - my period is irregular (i spot just about the entire time in between periods) so i was always put on birth control pills... it definitely helped regulate me and it helped my skin out quite a bit

but i dont want to be on the birth control forever (I'm 28 and ive been on and off of them now for years) so i went off the pill and i tried to balance my hormones naturally

ive been taking something called oona ([Removed]) which is just chaste tree berry (vitex) and black cohosh. ive been on it for about 3 months now... ive used it before and it worked pretty good for me (not so much for my acne but i honestly am at a point where id rather have a normal period lol)

i think i messed it up though because i attempted to try milk thistle because i read detoxing your liver could help with acne, not realizing though the liver is linked to hormones, which then brought back my period problem, so i stopped taking it and am hoping its going to stop soon...

BUT ANYWAY - the point of this was to say that i went for the blood work, and apparently my testosterone levels are high! which i dont understand because doesnt vitex and black cohosh help balance your hormones? could it raise testosterone?

my dr is going to send me to an endocrinologist, but it might be a while for me to be able to get an appointment (she said it could take up to 3 months!)

so, i dont know if anyone really knows much about bloodwork but ill post my results incase anyone might be able to give me some input

Reference Range

LH 41.0 (in range) Follicular Phase: 1.9-12.5 mIU/mL

Midcycle Peak: 8.7-76.3 mIU/mL

Luteal Phase: 0.5-16.9 mIU/mL

FSH 8.1 (in range) Follicular Phase: 2.5-10.2 mIU/mL

Midcycle Peak: 3.1-17.7 mIU/mL

Luteal Phase: 1.5-9.1 mIU/mL

Postmenopausal: 123.0-116.3 mIU/mL

Prolactin 10.7 (in range) Postmenopausal: 2.0-20.0 ng/mL

ng/mL

Estradiol 47 (in range) Follicular Phase: 19-144 pg/mL

Midcycle Peak: 64-357 pg/mL

Luteal Phase: 56-214 pg/mL

Postmenopausal: < or=31 pg/mL

Testosterone TOT,LC/MS/MS 60 (high) 2-45 ng/dL

Testosterone FR (dial) TOT

Testosterone TOT,LC/MS/MS 60 (high) 2-45 ng/dL

Testosterone, Free 4.9 (in range) 0.1-6.4 pg/mL

im going to assume my acne is from having high testosterone levels, but i'm not really understanding why my levels would be so high??

i started taking zinc and vitamin a hoping that would help, but im really not seeing a difference in my skin

any kind of advice is appreciated... on the hormone levels, supplements to take... anything!

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 05/29/2014 11:52 am

Yup, it is your high testosterone. Spiro would be perfect for you!