Notifications
Clear all

Coffee

MemberMember
(@samir0se)

Posted : 02/05/2014 5:26 pm

I normally do not blog, however; I am 27 years old and have been suffering with acne since I was 12. I spent thousands of dollars on laser treatments, antibiotics - both topicals and pills, the regimen, proactive, otc treatments- you name it and I have tried it. I was under the care of a dermatologist who was so confused by nothing working that she suggested becoming pregnant to change my hormones and hope for the best. She wven gave me boxes of her sample prescriptions so I wouldn't need to continue blowing my money. It finally occured to me to start changing my diet. I started with taking out milk/dairy. This had no change over two weeks. So I tried the gluten free diet. Still two weeks later, no change. Horribal cysts on my cheeks, chin, jawline. I decided to give up and just go on with my life. As my husband and I planned for a family, I read to cut caffene out of the diet. So I did. And tada. I have never had clearer skin. I had to share because it may not be for everyone but if you are a girl like me who has tried everything- why not give it a chance? Good luck.

MemberMember
(@user143021)

Posted : 02/10/2014 4:05 pm

That is interesting... I'm glad you found what works for you. Can you drink decaf coffee without breaking out? I ask because it seems to be caffeine, not coffee that was the cause.

I'm a heavy coffee drinker but I had acne before I ever drank it... so unfortunately the cause wasn't that simple for me! haha