Notifications
Clear all

Thinking About Getting Off Of Birth Control Pill

MemberMember
(@wave50)

Posted : 01/21/2014 11:29 pm

I am on spironolactone and have never taken birth control and it seems to do a great job controlling my hormones so you may be just fine!

MemberMember
(@missc1990)

Posted : 01/22/2014 2:22 pm

So you're on BCP and spiro? Does spiro effect your fertility? I would love to just get a natural cycle and see what happens to me and if it clears up more... Last time I stopped there was no cycle at all. That could not have beneficial effects on my face :P I think I feel better when my body could do it the natural way! But I might need something too that is going to keep my DHT in check, since my face is usually an oil crisis with BCP. After one hour my face would get crazy oily, my luck! But I just don't wanna do meds anymore... but if I have tooooo.....

MemberMember
(@jennabean)

Posted : 01/22/2014 6:36 pm

Yes, I am on both. I've been on the pill forever. Which is why I want to get off. But....sprionolactone supposedly works better in combination with the pill. Who knows though. But I want to get off of it either way.

MemberMember
(@missc1990)

Posted : 01/23/2014 6:56 am

Understandable! Does spiro come with less side effects than BCP? I have been on them for 8 years already too.... kind of forever :P

MemberMember
(@jennabean)

Posted : 01/28/2014 5:46 pm

I don't have any side effects with BC. I don't think I ever have actually!

The spironolactone does have side effects for some people. When I first started taking it, like the first few weeks, I felt kinda funky. Hard to explain. But just more tired. You have to drink a TON of water though. So I am always using the restroom! But it's worth it !! And on a good note, I feel like its settled some of my anxiety since its a low dose blood pressure med!

MemberMember
(@missc1990)

Posted : 01/29/2014 2:00 am

I don't have as many side effects on BCP either, besides the imbalances it caused me and I think I def. have mood swings... I just don't feel comfortable taking it all my life. I don't want to struggle with fertility for years before getting kids... better to do it now. When I will be sexually active again, I will just have a copper IUD.

MemberMember
(@jennabean)

Posted : 01/30/2014 2:48 pm

I don't have as many side effects on BCP either, besides the imbalances it caused me and I think I def. have mood swings... I just don't feel comfortable taking it all my life. I don't want to struggle with fertility for years before getting kids... better to do it now. When I will be sexually active again, I will just have a copper IUD.

Yeah I completely agree. However, being on the pill for years shouldn't make you have fertility issues. I know several women who were on the pill for yearssssss and got pregnant after one month being off it. My OBGYN also says it doesn't make it harder to get pregnant once you stop it. Who knows though! I swear, I don't know who or what to believe anymore ya know?

MemberMember
(@jennabean)

Posted : 02/10/2014 10:49 pm

So I'm on my placebo week of my birth control. And I'm thinking about not refilling it for next week and just go for it. And pray that the sprionolactone will help.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 02/24/2014 11:24 am

Hi Jenna - Did you decide to stop BC? I want to update that I started hormone replacement and made it all through the first month including taking 10 days of high dose progesterone, and I stayed clear. THANK GOD. I don't want to jinx it and pray it continues. Just want to say that there is hope with switching up hormones while on Spiro.