Notifications
Clear all

Spiro After Doryx

MemberMember
(@jen0489x)

Posted : 01/11/2014 8:08 am

Hi,

This is my second time on Spiro. The first time, it worked great but I had to get off of it because I no longer had insurance and I wanted to try holistic methods. None of the holistic methods I tried for almost 2 years worked, although they have forced me into amazing healthy eating habits and a passion for health and wellness.

Anyway, I am on my second round of spiro. I am on 100mg. I have been on Doryx for the past three months along with the spiro, and my doctor is now tapering me off the doryx. Has anyone seen great results with just Spironolactone after using the spiro/doryx duo with amazing results? My skin has never been so clear, so I am very scared to get off the doryx, although I know it must be done. Any help would be so appreciated.

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 02/17/2014 10:16 am

How did your weaning off Doryx go? I am on Spiro 50mg just over 7 weeks and Doxy about 3 weeks. I will wean off in about 2 months and curious to hear how it works for you. Are you clear already based on the combo?

MemberMember
(@jen0489x)

Posted : 03/10/2014 6:17 am

How did your weaning off Doryx go? I am on Spiro 50mg just over 7 weeks and Doxy about 3 weeks. I will wean off in about 2 months and curious to hear how it works for you. Are you clear already based on the combo?

Hi! This combo did clear up my skin better than anything I have used in the past. In the past six-ish months that I have used it, I have not had one cyst and have just had very small clogged pores and bits of congested skin. It's amazing, and my life has changed dramatically with this clearing. However, my doctor told me I need to stop the Doryx. As much anxiety and sorrow that this gives me, I am slowly lowering my dose. I started with taking half of a pill (Going from 200mg to 100mg) for one month. Now, I am taking 100mg every other day. In a few weeks, I am going to take 100mg every three days for a two weeks, then every four days for a week. The I will stop. I have read that this is the best way to taper off to avoid breakouts. So far, I have very small bouts of congested skin and whiteheads that have occurred with every dosage lowering (While I am not sure they are attributed to the lowering of the dose, but seems most likely given the timing of these breakouts) but it goes away quickly and my skin is still pretty clear. I hope that I can maintain clear skin once I stop the Doryx entirely. I am doing everything in my power to ensure that can happen.

Best of luck to you.