Notifications
Clear all

Why Did I Break Out All Of A Sudden Out Of The Blue? Wtf Happened?

MemberMember
(@streampaw)

Posted : 10/04/2013 11:23 pm

I seriously don't know wtf happened. In the past month, this was my regiment:

Before bed:

wash face with clearasil ultra (2% salicylic acid)

sometimes I also washed my face with oxy maximum action 10% benzoyl peroxide (but only sometimes, not every day)

use proactiv toner on only my chin (because it has white heads)

use proactiv benzoyl peroxide all over my face.

I also use the proactiv mask twice a week or so.

Morning: Wash face with clearasil ultra 2% slicylic acid, and put on eucerin moisturizer. here is the moisturizer: https://www.amazon.com/Eucerin-Calming-Daily-Moisturizing-Creme/dp/B001FB5IN2/

(eucerin calming creme)

Here is why I could have had break outs, please help me narrow it down:

-I got my face rained on. For some reason, I even remember back in the winter/spring, I always tried to avoid the rain because it for some reason caused me to have break outs. I don't get it, rain isn't supposed to give break outs! And I only got these bad breakouts on my cheeks and chin, and my forehead is clean because it is covered by my bangs and rain didnt get there.

-I used witch hazel (86% witch hazel, 14% alcohol) ONCE a few days ago on my whiteheads on my chin.

-I started using this soap for my seborrheic dermatitis around my nose (wash it once a day before bed): https://www.amazon.com/Carbod-ZNP-Pyrithione-Zinc-Soap/dp/B009GC2VUK/

I don't understand what else could have caused it! I was just fine, my face was VERy well under control, the acne was minimal (besides the whiteheads on my chin, which have been there since april and don't go). I looked just fine, and now my face looks like crap out of NO reason! What happened?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 10/05/2013 4:59 am

rain, witch hazel, and the soap around your nose? doesn't sound like likely triggers since they were very brief changes....

diet changes? hormones, not sure if you are male or female...

in my quest for answers I always kept a journal, for me it was food triggers, but I wrote down everything so I could triangulate what was happening.