Notifications
Clear all

Help With Persistant Hormonal Acne?!

MemberMember
(@kitkatkate1013)

Posted : 05/07/2013 1:17 pm

Hi! Brief acne history - I'm 14 almost 15 now and I've struggled with mild but persistent acne. I was on accutane for about 7-8 months and it cleared up my face completely. It came back a little, but completely manageable and not how it was before! I now have it under control with birth control and a daily face regimen. The only problem is, I have tiny, flesh colored (if i mess with them they get red), what seem to be clogged pores and bumps all around my mouth, on my chin, and by my nose area. That's only where I get them now! And they never leave! They don't get worse, yet they don't get better. I've tried treatments, masks, trying to pop them, leaving them alone, ect. Everything! They never seem to leave! I was thinking about going off the bcp because thats the only hormonal type thing that i think may have to do with it. But I'm still confused because most people say the bcp CURED their hormonal acne, not CAUSED it!? Is it possible that this is the reason and what should I do? HELP.

MemberMember
(@adie0510)

Posted : 05/08/2013 10:23 pm

Hi,

I feel your pain, I struggle with hormonal acne too. I've recently started taking an herbal supplement called Theanine Serene with holy basil and relora and I think it's really helping! I got mine at a health food store for $40 but I saw it on amazon for $20. Also I use a face mask called Lerosett and its very good also.

The bumps on your face sound like they might be sebaceous hyperplasia. I had some of the bumps burned off my face , that's the only way to get rid of them.

Good luck with everything!

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 05/09/2013 12:24 pm

Hi! Brief acne history - I'm 14 almost 15 now and I've struggled with mild but persistent acne. I was on accutane for about 7-8 months and it cleared up my face completely. It came back a little, but completely manageable and not how it was before! I now have it under control with birth control and a daily face regimen. The only problem is, I have tiny, flesh colored (if i mess with them they get red), what seem to be clogged pores and bumps all around my mouth, on my chin, and by my nose area. That's only where I get them now! And they never leave! They don't get worse, yet they don't get better. I've tried treatments, masks, trying to pop them, leaving them alone, ect. Everything! They never seem to leave! I was thinking about going off the bcp because thats the only hormonal type thing that i think may have to do with it. But I'm still confused because most people say the bcp CURED their hormonal acne, not CAUSED it!? Is it possible that this is the reason and what should I do? HELP.

Are these bumps small and does stringy material come out when you squeeze them? If so they're most likely closed comedones.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/09/2013 3:24 pm

Talk to your doctor about spiro. It is a great medication for hormonal acne. Lots of ladies take it with bc pills. It's takes some time but it will clear your hormonal acne right up.