Notifications
Clear all

2Nd Round Of Spiro Treatment Failed.

MemberMember
(@cinnamon_stix)

Posted : 09/29/2012 8:49 pm

Would it be ok to combine with saw palmetto and 25 mg of spiro? 25 mg is tolerable and i think that if saw palmetto works i wouldnt have to take 50 mg of spiro.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/29/2012 10:58 pm

Would it be ok to combine with saw palmetto and 25 mg of spiro? 25 mg is tolerable and i think that if saw palmetto works i wouldnt have to take 50 mg of spiro.

Yep, that's fine.

MemberMember
(@fsas)

Posted : 09/30/2012 11:35 pm

How long should i take them before quitting?

Like Spiro, saw palmetto is meant to be taken long-term.

would something natural like saw palmetto stop working after a while? Similar to herbals teas /herbs how one should switch them round every few weeks? I tried saw palmetto but found little results so didn't bother but maybe I'll try it again for another 3-4 months. Would you suggest saw palmetto over vitex? I'm been a little worried over this realization that once on birth control, and going off it that your body wont make progesterone and you'll become estrogen dominant..surely you can help your body start making it again though? :/

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/01/2012 9:23 am

How long should i take them before quitting?

Like Spiro, saw palmetto is meant to be taken long-term.

would something natural like saw palmetto stop working after a while? Similar to herbals teas /herbs how one should switch them round every few weeks? I tried saw palmetto but found little results so didn't bother but maybe I'll try it again for another 3-4 months. Would you suggest saw palmetto over vitex? I'm been a little worried over this realization that once on birth control, and going off it that your body wont make progesterone and you'll become estrogen dominant..surely you can help your body start making it again though? :/

Nope, not really. There are many women who are on long-term bioidentical progesterone supplementation. We simply don't know enough about hormones to know why some people's hormones don't self-regulate. There are a lot of theories but none of them are conclusive.

I know that everyone here wants some way to make their bodies "naturally" fix themselves, but as a human race we simply haven't figured out what the root cause is. A lot of studies show that there could be NOTHING you could do about it except take hormones. It may very well start at birth if your mom didn't have the right hormone levels while you were in the womb.

For saw palmetto, you'll need 500-1000mg a day to see real anti-androgen benefits.

If you're planning on using progesterone, the "ideal" woman produces 10-30mg of progesterone a day. You'll have to go through trial and error to see how much you are deficient in progesterone. I made some other posts on progesterone, see the links in my sig.

Let me repeat, AS FAR AS WE KNOW, the body doesn't become IMMUNE to any anti-androgen. Spiro, saw palmetto, etc. Your hormones are capable of changing with age, lifestyle, birth control, etc. but your body doesn't have a mechanism to resist anti-androgens.

MemberMember
(@cinnamon_stix)

Posted : 10/05/2012 3:22 am

FSAS, what dosage of saw palmetto were you on? How long did you try it for?