Notifications
Clear all

Possible Side Effects Of Spiro--Weight Gain, Depression, Muscle Pain? Am I Alone? (Read On Please)

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 01/14/2013 3:36 am

sounds like pcos to me. They could give you metformin. Its a huge success. Weight loss, reduced hair on face/body. Acne is good when i dont eat sugar on it. something about glucophage and sugar, its a big no no! BCP's and spiro can also help in addition.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/14/2013 8:58 am

i started on 25mg then 50mg and am now at 75mg and will go to 100mg later on this week. i have found the 50mg to do absolutely nothing for me so i am hoping 100mg will help with the cysts. i keep getting them so i know its not working yet.

MemberMember
(@jessie09)

Posted : 01/27/2013 11:13 am

Bizz~

Have you made any progress with your medications? I am in a similar situation and have been taking Spiro and an anti-depressant together for the last 2 years. I feel that the Spiro works a bit, but I still have frequent breakouts. I tried to off of it and had terrible breakouts in response. I recently was diagnosed with PCOS. I think the Spiro may not have been working as it should have because I do not have the proper levels of estrogen and progesterone. You should definitely get tested to see what your hormones are doing. I am currently using an estrogen patch to try and 50 mg of Spiro to see if that helps. I think for many women, especially those with PCOS, Spiro is only half the answer. Spiro helps lower androgen levels, but the female hormones need to be increased as well. For you, I would explore BCP or other hormonal supplementation.

I tried taking 75- 100 mg of Spiro for awhile and found it made me lethargic and depressed. Try taking a lower dose and see if that helps.