Notifications
Clear all

idk how this works yet but HELP

MemberMember
(@khelanis)

Posted : 05/27/2019 1:10 pm

i honestly don™t know if im posting this in the right section but idc im just looking for some help askdhdlahd

im 15 years old and these skin color bumps started to appear all over my cheeks. as well as what im assuming are blackheads and annoying little red pimples. 

ive been wanting to go to a dermatologist but there aren™t any appointments available until 6 months from now and i need help with treatments now 

Pls help my face looks disgusting up close

Also that last pic isn™t the clearest but it™s the best i could do , this iPhone camera quality is trash 

1784C8B9-E7B4-4A32-8A5C-3948C0D1E4C8.jpeg

5BF3903E-A67E-4A1A-8A4D-396064152145.jpeg

68484372-0B70-40FB-B84C-DD8CB49442FB.jpeg

482BE3CA-A5E2-4D4C-A10F-7A7240CAFE5E.jpeg

1B2123AF-3A8F-4507-AC05-7847BDE613EE.jpeg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/27/2019 8:29 pm

You might have fungal acne, which can be treated safely and cheaply with topical antifungal creams (no prescription required).

Have you taken antibiotics or birth control pills ? Do you have dandruff or a white tongue ?

If you get back to me with answers to these questions, I can probably help you.

MemberMember
(@khelanis)

Posted : 05/27/2019 11:43 pm

3 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

You might have fungal acne, which can be treated safely and cheaply with topical antifungal creams (no prescription required).

Have you taken antibiotics or birth control pills ? Do you have dandruff or a white tongue ?

If you get back to me with answers to these questions, I can probably help you.

no, i havent taken antibiotics or birth control and i dont have a white tongue or dandruff.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/27/2019 11:47 pm

OK, you probably do have "ordinary acne" then.

Topical antifungal creams are quite safe, so you could apply clotrimazole cream (often sold as Canesten) to the affected areas, and see if doing that helps your skin condition. Clotrimazole cream won't do any harm to your skin.

Are the areas with acne itchy ?

MemberMember
(@khelanis)

Posted : 05/28/2019 1:35 pm

13 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

OK, you probably do have "ordinary acne" then.

Topical antifungal creams are quite safe, so you could apply clotrimazole cream (often sold as Canesten) to the affected areas, and see if doing that helps your skin condition. Clotrimazole cream won't do any harm to your skin.

Are the areas with acne itchy ?

no, but the small red pimples near my jawline are itchy sometimes.its rare that they are tho

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/28/2019 10:05 pm

Itchy indicates fungal acne, not ordinary acne. Try applying clotrimazole cream (Canesten or similar) to the areas with acne 2-3 times a day and see how things go.

MemberMember
(@imheretohelp)

Posted : 05/30/2019 9:47 pm

Ance around the chin area is likely hormonal. Have you had any hormonal testing done?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/30/2019 10:32 pm

Khelanis

Fungal acne often "attacks" the same places as ordinary acne caused by hormone issues does. The reasons are - one type of fungal acne feeds on sebum, which high levels of some hormones cause to increase, and the areas where ordinary hormonal acne occurs happen to be the areas where moisture accumulates on one's face. Fungus LOVES moisture.

Where the acne occurs is no guide to the type of acne.

Itchy indicates fungal acne. Please apply clotrimazole antifungal cream to the areas with "acne"and get back to me if that does not control the problem.