Notifications
Clear all

What cured my daughters acne

MemberMember
(@245103_1443947426)

Posted : 02/16/2018 6:03 am

I always said if we could find a cure for my daughters acne, we would make sure to come back to this site and post it.

My daughters horrible acne started at age 11. It was on her face, chest and back. We tried Everything to get rid of it.
She tried accutane twice. Her skin would start to clear up immediately on it and would stay clear for about a year.

She was on antibiotics for about 5 years, I cannot believe the dermatologist let her stay on them that long and they didn't do much to get rid of her acne. We tried asprin masks, weekly facials, hydrogen peroxide (don't do this, it's bad for your skin) She tried birth control, spiro, eating gluten free and dairy free.

She went to many different dermatologists. She tried every prescription product and Otc product you can think of.

She struggled with acne for at least 7 years.

What at finally helped was committing to removing dairy from her diet 100%. She started doing this because she noticed after she ate cheese she would get a head ache. This lead to her eliminating ALL dairy... No cream in her coffee, no butter on toast, no cheese on nachos. She reads the ingredients on everything and will not eat it if it has dairy in it. This includes salad dressings, bread, cookies etc. After about 6 months, she noticed her skin had cleared up. It has stayed clear ever since.

This is is a girl whose face was covered in red inflamed pimples. I wish I had a before picture to show you. She had tried eliminating dairy before to try and clear up her acne, but still would have a little cream in her coffee etc.It's when she cut out dairy completely she noticed the changes in her skin.

She does not use any special cleansers or skin products. She uses whatever makeup she wants to use.

She eats gluten free again because our whole family is gluten intolerant. She also takes Ortho Tri cyclen for birth control
and eats dairy free. That's it. I hope this helps someone else. My daughter suffered for so long.

MemberMember
(@robinclooney)

Posted : 03/27/2018 9:55 am

Thank goodness for us Moms! Yay so happy shes clear! Thanks for the info...

MemberMember
(@morganc28)

Posted : 04/02/2018 3:04 pm

This is actually one of the many things my dermatologist told me to do! I thought it was wired idea so I never tried it but Im going to see what it does.