Notifications
Clear all

Trying Argan Oil, Curious if anyone else experiences break outs at the start

MemberMember
(@kiwig623)

Posted : 06/25/2017 7:09 pm

So I've basically had constant acne since puberty really, but in recent years it mostly concentrated to my chin and around my nose. I ALSO suddenly this past winter had the DRIEST skin I've ever experienced. Constantly flaking in weird places and yet.... still managed to break out on a very regular basis. So a friend recently recommended Argan oil to me. She has used it for several years now and loves it. I read up on it and it's supposed to balance oil production in the face while still moisturizing, so I figured why not! Been using it about 4 days now, 100% Argan oil just applying after I wash my face in the morning and evening.

If anyone else has tried this, did you get a sort of initial mass break out? When I started I had a few pimples that had been slowly brooding on my chin but had yet to commit to breaking the surface to be a nuisance. However within a day or two of using this every spot on my chin that was starting to develop seemed to have suddenly broken out massively at once. The ONE exception is I've had what seems like a cyst-type pimple again just under the skin for over a week near the bridge of my nose that I can't tell if it's just the same or has gone down.

Is it just the oils pulling it all out of my face since these had already started to form? If I stick with it will it likely clear up? I know I haven't used it very long yet, and a big part of me just wants to wait it out.... but I also have to attend a wedding in a week so if would like to have an idea if I'm just making my face mad or committing to a longer fix.

I would appreciate anyone's experience with this!

MemberMember
(@momanuelza)

Posted : 09/14/2017 1:38 pm

Hi there I have been using Argan oil for 1 week and it has not caused any adverse effects or perpetuated my acne. In fact it makes my skin more supple as the BP has been very drying and since use not a single new pimple.

I would say perhaps try it a bit longer however note that if you have a peanut allergy you should not be using Argan oil at all.