Notifications
Clear all

Accutane after 6 months

MemberMember
(@jakeemm79)

Posted : 03/21/2017 8:15 pm

So pretty much im 16 (130lbs) and I've been on 60mg of accutane for 6 months. Acne has ruined my life, mostly the social aspect. It makes me so sad cause I was always so outgoing. After 6 months my face is 90% clear which is nice... but my neck and back and shoulders is a big war zone still. I'm going to California in 3 days with my school and I can't even take my shirt off. I only signed up for the trip because I thought my skin would be clear by then! But no: it's not, 6 months later and nothing. Still huge cysts on neck and back.  Please help I'm so depressed. 

image_0000035.jpeg

image_0000036.jpeg

image_0000037.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Jakeemm79 said:

So pretty much im 16 (130lbs) and I've been on 60mg of accutane for 6 months. Acne has ruined my life, mostly the social aspect. It makes me so sad cause I was always so outgoing. After 6 months my face is 90% clear which is nice... but my neck and back and shoulders is a big war zone still. I'm going to California in 3 days with my school and I can't even take my shirt off. I only signed up for the trip because I thought my skin would be clear by then! But no: it's not, 6 months later and nothing. Still huge cysts on neck and back.  Please help I'm so depressed. 

image_0000035.jpeg

image_0000036.jpeg

image_0000037.jpeg

Currently

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 04/11/2017 4:49 pm

Hey Jakeemm79,
Keep up the good fight man...its great that your face is clearing...hopefully it just needs more time to work on your back and shoulders. What does your derm say about it? I was on Accutane for a year back in my time.
Hope you managed to enjoy your California trip anyways. There's no shame in keeping your shirt on if you're more comfortable covered. It's pretty common down here in NZ to wear a swim shirt at the beach...