Notifications
Clear all

Inital breakouts? Honey face mask/questions.

MemberMember
(@thetwald)

Posted : 09/28/2016 3:40 am

I've decided to try honey face masks for my acne, I use a raw unpastuerised, unfiltered honey.
I've been doing it for 4 days now.

I've noticed an improvement in skin tone and texture but I'm having some breakouts. I'm hoping it's just the first phase of the purging from honey. That it's cleansing the skin and bringing all the gunk to the surface...

Should I continue onwards and hope that over the next few weeks I start seeing the acne itself clear?

I'm thinking of adding Braggs' apple cidar vinegar and bicarbonate soda into the routine too at some point.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 09/28/2016 6:19 am

In your case I would recommend only using the honey mask 1-2 times a week. I tried using it daily as a face cleanser and albeit the fact that my skin looked brighter & smoother, it was causing some breakouts. Honey isn't really something that should cause your skin to purge because there aren't any active ingredients in it, so if it's causing you to breakout you are probably just overusing it. Honey can cause clogged pores in people who are prone to that if they use it too often on their face.

DeLovely and Thetwald liked
MemberMember
(@thetwald)

Posted : 09/28/2016 6:46 am

26 minutes ago, kelbell812 said:

In your case I would recommend only using the honey mask 1-2 times a week. I tried using it daily as a face cleanser and albeit the fact that my skin looked brighter & smoother, it was causing some breakouts. Honey isn't really something that should cause your skin to purge because there aren't any active ingredients in it, so if it's causing you to breakout you are probably just overusing it. Honey can cause clogged pores in people who are prone to that if they use it too often on their face. 

Hey,

Thanks for responding :)  In that case i'll cut it down as you suggested. I'll apply it 2 times a week and see how it goes.

thanks!