Notifications
Clear all

Still Too Early To Give Up?

MemberMember
(@hopelessboy)

Posted : 06/29/2015 6:57 am

I quit using chemical cleansers two weeks ago and have been following the following regimen:

Morning:

Hot water from shower followed by cold rinse.

Night:

Hot water then honey mask for 20 minutes. Wash off then apply 1:1 ACV/Water and let sit overnight.

However, my acne isnt getting better in fact its getting a little worse. I noticed more bumps and more big pimples that hurt. I also noticed no improvement in my hyperpigmentation.

How long should I give it before I quit?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/09/2015 7:48 pm

That's a tricky question. Everyone has their opinion on what is the best thing for acne - chemical or natural. As I've learned, just because something is natural, doesn't mean it'll work for your skin. With that said, plastering ones face with chemicals may not be the answer either. I recommend giving your new regimen 3 months. If after that time you see no positive difference, it may be time to change it up.

MemberMember
(@vanessa2002)

Posted : 07/10/2015 2:38 am

It seems to be a common mistake that using only water to cleanse your face is a gentle method. The skin has a pH-value of 6 while that of water is between 7 and 9.5

Water cannot clean the skin completely of dirt and impurities and on top of that it is too harsh and drying out because of the difference in the pH-value. If you don't use a cream afterwards to moisturize the skin, the damage is complete.

Have you ever heard of Luminance Skin care? It's a small company in California that produces natural, vegan and organic skincare products. They have an entire skin care system for acne prone skin. I just ordered a bunch of their products for the first time and they should arrive soon. I have seen many reviews from youtubers, beauty bloggers, etc. about luminance and they were all super impressed with the products and said they would buy again. There are many positive reviews on their website, too. I ordered the cleanser and the acne serum along other products and I can't wait to try them out

Here's the link:

http://luminanceskincare.com/collections/acne-collection

Check out the rosewater toner and the organic acne serum, especially. I know their products are not cheap but quality comes at a cost.

I hope this post helped you and good luck!