Notifications
Clear all

Started The Caveman Regimen-Purging!

MemberMember
(@ninja66)

Posted : 04/22/2015 10:23 am

Hello everyone, this is my first ever post :)

Basically, I started the extreme caveman regimen (nothing on my face) a week ago and within the first couple days, my skin seemed to be improving. But now, I'm breaking out with whiteheads everywhere and it's awful! Is it just my skin purging? My pimples are healing faster but my skin looks gross :( I also have started to get the dead skin mask and was wondering how long I have to wait until I can exfoliate it off.

What were you experiences on the extreme caveman regimen? Also, how do I avoid getting my face wet in the shower? I don't have a bath.

MemberMember
(@sam182)

Posted : 05/05/2015 12:07 pm

Try using Illumask (the acne version) to get you through the first 2 - 3 weeks when you start caveman. You can buy Illumask (light therapy) at walmart.

I started caveman and on day 1 used illumask because i wanted to reduce the so called purging/breakout/adjustment period your face goes through. I used the mask once a day (just follow instructions) and followed strict caveman for 3 weeks. I did not experience the awful transition period a lot of you describe. My skin got clear and after 3 weeks stopped the illumask but maintained caveman. I left 1 week of uses on the mask just in case i needed it. Im happy to say i havent used the remainder of my illumask and have been on Caveman for 2 months now. Just like many others here, I have the best skin ive ever had.

Just thought this might be helpful for those scared of the transition period. Illumask is really the only thing that you can use without interfering with caveman. And i wouldnt use Illumask beyond the transition period.

MemberMember
(@hmbowler)

Posted : 03/11/2017 10:53 am

Hey ninja66,I'm currently in the same boat as you,this is my 15th day and have alot if little whiteheads too,do you have any updates? Thankyou

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/12/2017 5:54 pm

Do you wear makeup on the caveman regimen and if so, how do you remove it?

MemberMember
(@hmbowler)

Posted : 03/13/2017 3:21 pm

Some people do wear makeup and wash off at night,but I wouldn't recommend it