Notifications
Clear all

Nothing Is Working, Don't Want To Take Harsh Meds Or Bc

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 02/07/2015 4:31 pm

Please someone give me some advice because nothing is working for my skin anymore

All of a sudden about a month ago I started getting bad acne again all throughout the month EXCEPT a week before my period until the last day of my period. I was using Dan's regimen for probably a year before and all was fine. I would get breakouts around my period but that's normal. Since this started, I started using natural, organic skin care. I'm taking vitamins, specifically zinc, vitamin E and antioxidants for my acne because I've read these are supposed to help. I'm using vitamin B3 and antioxidants topically as well. I didn't want to start using BP again but I did and it helps a bit with existing pimples but its not preventing new ones. It also really dries out my skin, even using it every other day once a day.

I don't know what else to do. I don't want to use medications and I won't go back on birth control pills again. Its probably been about two years since I've been off them. This is just so unlike my skin. If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/07/2015 4:40 pm

Do you wear makeup? If I was you I'd start at square one and stop taking all the new supplements and only use very basic things on your skin. I like using just oil on my skin mixed with an emulsifier (cromollient).

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 02/07/2015 8:57 pm

I use Almay Smart Shade, but I've been using that for a while and didn't have any problems. I would stop using it but my skin is so bad right now I don't have the confidence to go make-up-less :(

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/07/2015 9:51 pm

Do you think you could try something more natural like mineral makeup? The almay and other products you're using could be clogging you.

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 02/08/2015 3:36 pm

I was using mineral makeup before so I can definitely go back to using it. No matter what makeup I use it seems to dry out my skin anyway lol. Do you recommend powder or cream?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/09/2015 1:19 am

I really like Meow cosmetics purrfect. It's the only makeup that doesn't break me out in big inflamed pimples. I'm not sure what's different about it, but even other mineral makeup with similar ingredients gave me problems.