Notifications
Clear all

Best Aloe Vera For Acne

MemberMember
(@runningforpizza)

Posted : 12/07/2014 8:48 pm

Hi everyone. About a year ago I had the worst breakout of my life. I starred using Trader Joe's Tea tree oil, TeaTree oil Facewash, and aloe vera gel. My skin cleared and it was at it's best. During the summer, I ran out of my aloe so I went to pick up some more, only to be shocked that Trader Joe's changed the formula in their aloe. I bought it anyway, but it had a scent that irritated my skin. I then switched to Fruit Of the Earth aloe. I've been using it and it's been breaking me out and put my skin back when it was at it's worst. I didn't change anything except for the aloe. Problem is, I don't know what to use to moisturize my face. I'm currently not using anything because I need something new.

Is there any aloe vera gel that is similar to the original trader Joe's aloe and it's unscented? Please help, I've become extremely frustrated.

MemberMember
(@somedayistoday)

Posted : 12/08/2014 6:55 am

I use Lily of the desert its 99% pure, Aubrey organics is even better

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 12/08/2014 1:01 pm

I have an actual aloe vera plant that I just brake pieces off of when I need it and it works really well. It's better than any aloe gel I've ever used. I started off with a little plant and then it multiplied in it's pot and there are several now. It's this massive thing so I think I am good on aloe for a lifetime.

MemberMember
(@mementomori)

Posted : 12/08/2014 3:18 pm

Aloe vera straight from the plant is the best of the best. If you can't get a plant, I second Aubrey Organics. I've used that and it does the job.

MemberMember
(@rikzah-zia)

Posted : 01/08/2016 11:56 am

I have started using Aloe Vera plant's gel and the one thing that I have noticed in a very short time is the reduction in the redness. My face is less red now and acne is not that angry anymore.

MemberMember
(@pintador)

Posted : 01/09/2016 8:46 am

Lily of the desert gets the job done. Bought it at the whole foods market