Clear all

New Proactiv+

MemberMember
(@lanette)

Posted : 02/10/2014 3:30 pm

has anyone tried the new proactiv+?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 02/10/2014 6:28 pm

Moved to 'Other acne treatments'. Proactive+ is not and acne.org product.

MemberMember
(@koshenya)

Posted : 02/14/2014 12:56 am

Hi! I have been using Proactiv+ without fail for just over 2 weeks now. The products are really nice and high quality, and I purchased the skin brightening deluxe pack... Or w/e it's called! So far this system hasn't really provided me any miracles, but I think I can see it slowly beginning to work. Since I live in a dry environment I can't fully use the system morning and night for fear of dryness... So far I'm doing:

Morning:

1) Proactiv+ Cleanser, pat dry

2) CeraVe moisturizer

3) Proactiv+ Eye brightening serum

Night:

1) Proactiv+ Cleanser, pat dry

2) 2 Pumps of Proactiv+ treatment, let dry

3) Somewhat generous scoop of the Hydrator with the spoon that comes with it

4) Proactiv+ Eye brightening serum

5) Proactiv+ mask as overnight spot treatment

Once I have no more bumps on my face, I'll start using the mark fading pads and Acne.org's AHA to try to reduce my hyperpigmentation... And hopefully that will be sooner, rather than later!

I recommend that you guys try the system... I don't think it's magical, but no acne system can really achieve that in my opinion (although some people have reported such things before). It's definitely more moisturizing than the old proactiv, since not only does it come with a 'more' dedicated moisturizer, the other steps both contain glycerin, and the treatment has a technology to help it absorb quickly to avoid sitting on the skin and drying it out. Start out slowly, and buy another moisturizer such as CeraVe to add additional moisture when it gets too drying.

I also make sure to drink plenty of fluids/water and keep a humidifier in my room ^o^. Good luck guys~ (I will report back if my skin gets worse again ^^)