Notifications
Clear all

Can Greek Yogurt Cause Acne?

MemberMember
(@miniatureflowerchild)

Posted : 02/04/2014 1:57 pm

Ok so the only dairy I eat is plain 0% Greek yogurt. I am a pesco vegetarian ( meaning I only eat fish but no meat )

and I noticed when I don't eat any Greek yogurt, my skin is clearer, just from one day of being completely vegan ( so eating my regular diet minus the fish ( even though I only eat fish once every 2 weeks ) and Greek yogurt that my skin looks better the next morning and I have no new zits when i don't eat Greek yogurt.

I'm NOT allergic to milk. I have been tested BUT my father can't have milk and my sister seems to be sensitive to it also and it makes her break out a bit too.

Could it be the yogurt or am I just looking to much into this?

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 02/19/2014 1:57 pm

I am greek. I use the yogurt for face mask as it is plenty and cheap in my country. If the yougurt is greek indeed and not just named so, it is full in vitamins and probiotics- great for acne cure. May be you should change the brand. Also, try it as a mask along with honey, lemon, or anything you like!

Ok so the only dairy I eat is plain 0% Greek yogurt. I am a pesco vegetarian ( meaning I only eat fish but no meat )

and I noticed when I don't eat any Greek yogurt, my skin is clearer, just from one day of being completely vegan ( so eating my regular diet minus the fish ( even though I only eat fish once every 2 weeks ) and Greek yogurt that my skin looks better the next morning and I have no new zits when i don't eat Greek yogurt.

I'm NOT allergic to milk. I have been tested BUT my father can't have milk and my sister seems to be sensitive to it also and it makes her break out a bit too.

Could it be the yogurt or am I just looking to much into this?

MemberMember
(@jesseacne)

Posted : 02/24/2014 10:29 pm

Dairy can alter oral drugs...

MemberMember
(@mindybenkert)

Posted : 02/28/2014 9:57 pm

I have eliminated all dairy from my diet for the last few weeks. It has really helped my skin.

Dairy products are pretty notorious for aggravating acne symptoms for several reasons, not just because of allergies:

Dairy can create excess mucus (gross I know). But have you ever had a glass of milk and all of the sudden you are coughing up mucus and blowing your nose? .

Conventional dairy products (not raw or organic dairy from reputable farms) are injected with hormones to help with milk production. If you suffer from hormonal acne, adding even more hormones into the mix is not going to help.

Trust your instincts. If you believe it's the dairy causing your breakouts, I would try eliminating it for a few weeks or a month and see what happens.

Good Luck!

Mindy