Notifications
Clear all

Hibiclens Ruined My Skin Please Help

MemberMember
(@vicm)

Posted : 12/05/2013 1:41 pm

I used hibiclens to wash my face after an awful cystic breakout all over my face and didn't use any moisturiziation so the wash could kill the bacteria. I'd leave the hibiclens on for sometimes up to an hour a couple times a day. it worked but now even three months after stopping I'm left with red clogged skin that reacts to EVERYTHING I don't know what to do. my nose is especially bad... it's so oily and red and bumpy irritated looking. I'm only washing with water and using olay deep hydration cream but its almost like my face has taken on a whole new texture... I feel like my moisturizers never sink in and actually moisturize and the skin on my chin is shrunken and dehydrated now and I get recurring bumps along my temple and forehead and I don't know what to do about the frequent clogged pores or horrible texture or skin reactivity. nothing I do is working

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 12/05/2013 4:07 pm

Hibiclens may have messed up the bacteria on your face but the olay cream may actually be clogging your pores. Face creams tend to be thick and heavy and commonly do have pore clogging ingredients.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 12/05/2013 4:17 pm

Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and Avene skin recovery cream morning and night and your skin will be back to 'normal' in less than 2 weeks. You'll still have acne but the dryness will completely disappear. Both of those products are non comedogenic so they wont break you out. :)