Notifications
Clear all

If You're On The Fence About Light Therapy

MemberMember
(@the-effendi)

Posted : 10/24/2013 6:11 pm

Hey Everyone! Just wanted to make a post about Light therapy (blue/red light)

So around August, out of nowhere, I started breaking out REALLY bad after a very long time with controlled skin. I just kept doing what I was doing and thought it would pass. Well, it didn't. It was super aggressive and there was just more and more every day, and in places it'd never been. When I DO break out, it's generally around the nose and lower chin, but this was EVERYWHERE. So I got desperate and went online, like most people in that situation. I came across Blue Light Therapy, which I knew about and had considered before, but it was always just too flippin' expensive. But then I found this thing called Sirius Aurora, and it was only $150. Still quite a bit but WAY better. Plus it had 3 different light colors, didn't need to be charged, and didn't need any sort of "additional" or refill purchases. Just one flat price. So I found it on Amazon for $75 (woo!), and went ahead and got it!

1. The first photo was about a week into treatment using ONLY blue light

2. The second photo (NO LIE!) is after 2 DAYS of adding in the red light before the blue light.

I realize there's redness and it's not perfection by any means, but Hell, it's enough to prove it works. And since it works as well as BP I'm finally able to stop using that, which I've been wanting to 'cause it's just becoming too harsh now that I'm not a teenager.

There are seriously NO side effects. The directions are super simple and it's so easy to use. Before it starts working you might feel like a crazy person because you're just waving a bright light in front of your face lol but it's worth it. Yeah it takes time (24 min. per light color), but if you really want it, then you'll do it. As far as I can tell it doesn't do anything for non-inflammatory acne, so I'm working on that separately. But it's a lot easier now with no BP. Also it came with a green light as well, for evening out skin tone, I just haven't used it yet, so I can't comment on it.

Hope this helps someone! If you need anymore specifics, let me know!! smile.png

PS. Pretty mortified to share my face in such a bad state 'cause I've never done that, so I sure hope someone is helped, 'cause dang that was hard lol

post-62634-0-40015100-1382655083.jpg

post-62634-0-16061400-1382655129.jpg

post-62634-0-40015100-1382655083.jpg

post-62634-0-16061400-1382655129.jpg

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/11/2013 2:31 pm

Awesome, great improvement! I'm getting blue & red light treatments at a spa, but I might eventually get my own to use at home. Does the green light help at all?