Notifications
Clear all

Gaps For Acne

MemberMember
(@anat-man)

Posted : 04/09/2013 9:37 pm

Hi All,

My names Ash,

Well for the last 10 years or so I have suffered from Acne.

In my opinion it totally ruined my teenage years. I am 26 now and committed to find a permanent solution to Acne. Like everyone else, I have tried.... EVERYTHING including the infamous "Accutane" aka "Roaccutane".

All of these things only ever fixed the issue temporarily, my acne always returned.

After extensive research online, I came across a research that indicated allot skin conditions and mental conditions are side effects of a unhealthy digestive system. (Gut problems).

This resonated in me, as I do suffer from stomach bloating and cramps on a frequent basis. I have always seemed to have on-going problems with my stomach, sometimes feeling like I was carrying a bowling ball in my belly.

The GAPS diet basically aims to fix your digestive system and restore balance in your body.

After purchasing & reading the GAPS book (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) by the founder "Natasha Campbell" I was even more convinced that this is the answer to my problems.

Thus I attempted the diet by myself, after a few weeks I didn't really notice much improvement and was pretty sure I wasn't making the meals correctly so I went online once again and found a GAPS practitioner. After making an appointment and sitting down with the practitioner I got a better idea of what I needed to do and how to correctly prepare meals (Which I will share later in my blogs).

My practitioner sat down with me and went through my health and lifestyle and drafted me a "treatment plan" which outlines what I can and cant eat on this diet.

Basically. I cant eat anything ... It is VERY restrictive.

My diet currently consists of just bone broths, boiled chicken stock and soup, lots of vegetables, and probiotics.

I am not allowed any fruit, nuts, dairy or grain and of course nothing artificial; no preservatives, additives, junk, processed foods etc..

I have been on it for 3 weeks now, and have already started seeing improvement. My skin texture has improved in quality. I still have a few bumps on my face and new ones come up here and there.

However in think it will take some time for the treatment to take real effect, so I am optimistic on getting better results as I continue the diet.

I've created a Blog to track my progress & upload picture progress etc. and share my results with other sufferers as I really think GAPS is the answer to acne.

the blog site is under [Removed] at Google's Blogspot.

Look forward to your comments guys and what you think about GAPs.

I suggest doing research into GAPS as its pretty amazing the things that can be cured through the diet.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/11/2013 5:32 am

u have taken drastic steps.which i appreciate but not all might need such a diet.

ur degree of problem might have been very serious.as u say.

thank u for sharing though.am pretty sure many will be helped.=)

here,question 3) and 5) for you keeping your genre in mind.

aana

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/13/2013 11:05 am

Good luck man. I commend you for attempting such diet changes. I have been dairy, gluten and grain free for some time now and it hasnt helped. GAPS for me at this point is not feasible as i lose weight too easily and my body doesnt handle that well.

Give it 3-6 months and let us know how things are going. Quick questions, once your got is in a better state, how will you transition to a regular diet as you can't live on broth forever

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 04/13/2013 12:57 pm

not feasible in the long run. U need plenty of zinc and b vitamins to tackle acne.

MemberMember
(@anat-man)

Posted : 04/13/2013 6:32 pm

Thanks Sacsha ,

It's a tough one, and make life allot harder . I am meant to be in the prime of my life at my age but I'm far from it it's kinda sad but that's life. I really believe diet is the cure to acne. And not just healthy food , but I a proper diet plan. Acne is a western worlds infection. It doesn't exist in tribes. That says it all imo...

MemberMember
(@ask24)

Posted : 05/07/2013 7:31 pm

From my experience,

Yeah I pretty much do the same thing with an Ayurvedic diet.

For 15 days I ate mung bean soup with brown rice plus indian herbs and spices (tumeric, cumin, fennel seeds, NO spicy food like red chili peppers/ jalopeno peppers), morning noon and night. So I get my protein and carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in my diet.

I also noticed when I ate almonds and brazil nuts, the gas in my stomach was unbearable, and my skin was all inflamed. Once I stopped eating nuts for a while, along with the soup diet no new pimples after a few days. What you're doing is good, your body is repairing the damage done over the years, while still getting adequate nutrition.

Check out my post

this will keep long lasting results and speed up results.