Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars

MemberMember
(@maggie64)

Posted : 08/26/2012 2:14 am

Hello!

I just wanted to get an idea of what people have had the best success with for acne red marks and the small indented scars (box car?). Which laser or peel etc treatment worked best and quickly? Please acne is ruining my self-esteem so badly. I appreciate any feedback you may have to offer.

Lots of love and support to all of you out there.

MemberMember
(@jabberwocky80)

Posted : 10/20/2012 9:22 pm

I've had good success at fading red marks by using a product that was suggested by the physician's assistant who I've trusted to do facials and who oversaw all of my most recent acne treatments. It's called Doctors & Salon Therapy Skin RX MD Peel & Bleach Cream by Imax Pharmaceutical and I purchased it in office. The active ingredients are .1% tretinoin, 5% hydroquinone, and 1% hydrocortisone. I'm sure you could request this (or something similar) from any dermatologist or physician. I don't use it every night, so I'm still using the bottle I bought over the summer.

The success you have with your scars depend on the severity of the scarring. I've had many, MANY different treatments done and spent A LOT of money since I first started breaking out at 27 -- I'm 32 now -- and I have yet to see the results I want or will feel "ok" with or will help me feel "normal" again. My husband and mother believe they see improvements in my scarring, but since I am my own worst critic, I do not. If you haven't seen a dermatologist or physician for your scarring, I highly recommend it. And don't think you have to stay with any one physician if you're not satisfied. I've had many over these five years, and all have had different opinions and offered different methods of dealing with my particular issues.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/21/2012 11:22 pm

For indented scars, look into CO2 Fractional Lasers. Fraxel is one.

MemberMember
(@enh333)

Posted : 01/14/2013 2:38 pm

I'm curious about using laser therapy for some scars I have left from when I had bad acne. I've heard some horror stories of people using laser therapy and thier skin getting worse. What do you guys recommend?

MemberMember
(@marymills22)

Posted : 03/14/2013 2:29 pm

I had 3 laser treatment for scarring over the course of 4 months and although it takes a couple months to really notice the results, it did work for me. There are several kinds your doctor should go over with you because from what I understand it's not a one size fits all method. But it did work for me.

MemberMember
(@jnc4now)

Posted : 03/19/2013 7:42 pm

I had 3 laser treatment for scarring over the course of 4 months and although it takes a couple months to really notice the results, it did work for me. There are several kinds your doctor should go over with you because from what I understand it's not a one size fits all method. But it did work for me.

Hey MaryMills, would you mind telling us what kind of acne scars you have or had? Such as were they just red/brown marks or they were indented scars like rolling or ice box?

Also, how satisfied are you with the end result of laser treatment?

Thank you 🙂