Notifications
Clear all

Whats The Difference Between Vbeam And Ipl? I Am Scheduled For An Ipl Treatment Thursday But I'm Not Sure If I'm Wasting My Time And Money.

MemberMember
(@f5f5)

Posted : 08/13/2012 2:25 pm

I am naturally a pale-skinned person. Sometimes I can tan relatively easy though if I'm in the sun a lot. Usually I end every summer with a pretty nice tan going. But for some reason, this summer I would just get red from being in the sun, and never was able to tan.

Now, after staying away from the sun for nearly a month, all I have is strong redness residue around my face. It was never this red before. I'm thinking it might be sun damage, but it doesnt itch or irritate me at all, and I imagine it would have subsided by now.

But it has this blotchyness to it where it would seem like it wasnt natural skin redness but damage. I have consulted many doctors about it, but some seem to think it might be rosacea others are saying it isn't. Regardless, its there, and it is pretty bad. I am now looking into laser treatment for it, but I'm not sure whether an IPL or VBeam would be better for me. Whats the difference? If it was sun-damage would an IPL or Vbeam be more optimal? Does it even matter? If its red, its red, right? I've tried many different opinions and I feel I've exhausted most of them. So im desperate for answers. I created an account just to hear from you guys here. I have an IPL scheduled this thursday and Im worried I might be wasting my money.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 08/14/2012 3:26 pm

it sounds like you have rosacea to me. i would go back to your derm or doctor and get some cream for the rosacea and they can put you on oracea as well to help with that. i get ipl for my red and brown marks but not sure if it can do the entire face like that. i dont know anything about vbeam but i would cancel your appt and find out for sure what it is before you spend the money on it.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/21/2012 11:24 pm

I am naturally a pale-skinned person. Sometimes I can tan relatively easy though if I'm in the sun a lot. Usually I end every summer with a pretty nice tan going. But for some reason, this summer I would just get red from being in the sun, and never was able to tan.

Now, after staying away from the sun for nearly a month, all I have is strong redness residue around my face. It was never this red before. I'm thinking it might be sun damage, but it doesnt itch or irritate me at all, and I imagine it would have subsided by now.

But it has this blotchyness to it where it would seem like it wasnt natural skin redness but damage. I have consulted many doctors about it, but some seem to think it might be rosacea others are saying it isn't. Regardless, its there, and it is pretty bad. I am now looking into laser treatment for it, but I'm not sure whether an IPL or VBeam would be better for me. Whats the difference? If it was sun-damage would an IPL or Vbeam be more optimal? Does it even matter? If its red, its red, right? I've tried many different opinions and I feel I've exhausted most of them. So im desperate for answers. I created an account just to hear from you guys here. I have an IPL scheduled this thursday and Im worried I might be wasting my money.

IPL is a good starting point. IPL is better for "diffuse redness" or "red patches." Vbeam works better if you have clearly delineated spider veins and brown patches.

MemberMember
(@italiangeek)

Posted : 12/31/2012 4:31 pm

I had a course of three IPL treatments. It did help but it does take its time. I had one treatment every month and although the marks were fainter, you really have to be 100% sure you want it and you MUST know the side effects.

I can not stress this enough!!!!

IPL turns your skin a very thick dark brown/red. It crusts over big time!! I only had IPL on my forehead so I could cover it with my fringe but it was still noticeable. Even more noticeable than the marks were in the first place.

However, after a couple of weeks, the scabbing had gone and the marks were fainter. But the real results come after about 2 months of finishing the treatment.

It also isn't a great experience. It hurts big time! They explain the pain like an elastic band hitting your skin, but its a bit sharper than that. It does only last a second but it makes you jump. I normally have a fairly high pain threshold but this was making my eyes water.

So I would say that it is very much worth it but you have to know the side effects. Personally, unless youre 100% sure it'll benefit you, I would ask for advice.