Ematrix

MemberMember
(@lilmelrose)

Posted : 09/26/2011 8:27 pm

Ok, so I have had 2 eMatrix treatments done so far (severe acne scarring, uneven skin tone, sun damage) and had some some concerns about it and wanted to compare others experiences with it. 2 of the main reasons why I chose this procedure are the so called "minimal downtime" and that the procedure is supposed to be relatively painless. My first session, my derm didnt even give me the option for numbing cream and it hurt like hell! Everyone is saying how it doesn't hurt but I was super sensitive to it. I don't know how deep she was going, but it really hurt! The 2nd time I asked for numbing cream, my derm said it is not as effective with it, does anyone know if this is true? She and her assistant also told me most people do it without, which made me feel a little put off, like I'm a huge baby about pain (which I am, lol). Even with the numbing cream, there was still some discomfort, but not nearly as bad. I looked at the eMatrix machine this time and saw she was doing program C, I'm assuming she did a C the first time as well because I have some pretty deep scarring on my cheeks. I don't think I can bear to do it again without the numbing cream, but I want to do what is most effective since the treatments are not cheap.

I haven't noticed too much difference yet after 2 treatments, is this normal? I thought my skin was looking a little smoother after the swelling from the second one went away, but now my skin looks like crap again. I'm supposed to have 5 treatments total so should I just be patient? Also, the scabbing/gridmarks were really bad last time and took about a week to heal which would be fine but I could not seem to cover them with makeup. I was told to use mineral makeup but since my skin was scabby and flakey adding powder to it made my face look really gross. Luckily, I had several days off work to hide in the house but this won't be the case next time. I'm a bartender so I have lots of face to face time with customers so this is a concern for me. Any suggestions on how to cover them? Types of foundations that are good? I remember hearing about a foundation that was good for people having laser treatments done, I want to say it was Dermalogica, but I am not sure.

Any suggestions would be great!

MemberMember
(@lbalek2)

Posted : 10/27/2011 12:04 pm

I just finished ematrix with my 4th treatment. I give myself at least 2 days of downtime because of the redness and scabs. I used numbing cream every time and I cannot even imagine how it would feel without it. They never mentioned it would be less effective if I used it. My 3rd and 4th treatments were so painful because it was on level C. The makeup I use to cover is clinique super fit foundation plus some powder on top of that. I hate the scabs but they go away about 5-7 days after the treatment. They also told me I could exfoliate 4 days after treatment. I love the results though!

MemberMember
(@olive14)

Posted : 10/27/2011 12:15 pm

Man I used to have a derm like that who made me feel really insecure about asking for things like that. With her I felt like I couldn't make any suggestions or bring up anything I had read about any sort of treatment without feeling completely condescended. Not a good doctor/patient relationship. I'm sorry to hear that your doctor isn't sympathetic. I don't know much about ematrix but with any laser light treatment you would think they would start on the lowest level and then gradually work their way up...

I'm glad you are liking the results though :).

As for exfoliation... what are you using? Don't use any of that st. ives crap. For people who are acne prone or sensitive it's not good for you :(. Use something natural like baking soda. Weird but if you make it into a paste with a bit of water it works very well. Homemade masks also work well.

MemberMember
(@lilmelrose)

Posted : 11/08/2011 10:38 pm

So, I've already had 3 treatments and still not big of enough difference. Some scars are a little less noticeable but for the amount of money I've spent on the 3 treatments, I'm very hesitant to spend more. My derm said I'd need at least 5 treatments. Is this the type of procedure that the results look better after the skin has had time to regenerate? I'm hoping so. I just want to get to the point of feeling comfortable without makeup and I definitely don't right now!

Here is a tip for the pain though. Take Alleve. I don't know why I didn't think to ask about it or use it my first 2 treatments, but I did for the 3rd and it REALLY helps with the pain. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

I agree, DO NOT use St. Ives. Used that stuff for years and my derm says I have some broken capillaries from it because its too harsh. I heard somewhere that it was originally sold to exfoliate the rough skin on your feet, so it's way to harsh for facial use. Something I really like from Origins is called Modern Friction, gentle enough that you can use it 2-3 times per week. I also really like Dr. Perricones Pore Minimizer. It makes my skin look amazing, it's not really a exfoliant but it makes my skin look better than any other exfoliant I've used.

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 11/26/2011 6:31 pm

hey, ive been thinking on getting ematrix treatments for my craters on my temples and a few on my cheeks.

how much per treatment?

MemberMember
(@xmarly)

Posted : 12/18/2011 9:50 am

I'm thinking about trying this. It's expensive. 500 euro for one treatment. One the site I have looked they advise 2-3 treatments, so that will cost 1500 euro. They have now an offer, it's 375 temporarely. Still exspensive. They also have a before and after picture on the site. That looked good. On my face I have red/dark spot that won't go away. I have that also on my chest and back, but there I have also white (a bit thicker) scarring.

Are there more people who have tried it? Or maybe the ones above can give an update?

MemberMember
(@valerie21)

Posted : 12/27/2011 1:58 am

lilmelrose, have you seen much of a difference yet? It has been over a month since your last post. I hope so!

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 06/28/2012 11:30 am

Hello,

I've been reading some of the feedback here. I've had two ematrix treatments performed, I have some PIH which is fairly light and very slight surface scarring. It looks more like textural irregularity. Ematrix is quite expensive compared to CO2 and Fraxel (it is double the cost) and to be honest, from the two I have had, I see very very little change in my skin. I know they say the results are progressive rather than immediate but you would expect some degree of change after 2 months if you know what I mean.

My doctor said there is improvment but then again she says she always has low expectations for her patients(why this is, i dont know.).

My brother did fraxel, he had those deep type of scars where there are depressions in the skin, and his skin is literally flawless. I mean LITERALLLY. so perhaps fraxel would be a better option for those considering resurfacing.

I definately would not say that the Ematrix is a very good treatment. You look red, and you have microscopic swelling for about 2 weeks post treatment where the scars are not visible but one it goes down then they are visible again. It comes with nice selling points (little downtime etc) and you look HORRIBLE for about 4-5 days, and for looking so horrible, you want some change right? But it didn't produce results, and i have heard this from a few people.

FYI she did so many passes on my face and did do it on the 'C' program which is deep impact.

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 01/12/2013 1:30 pm

hi all!

I thought i would update you all. I had two e matrix treatments as mentioned above. I think with E matrix the final results are seen after 6 months. My last session was over 7-8 months ago, i did see some improvment in my scars and the pIH but i have some cystic acne again :(. It is purely hormonal as i have pcos and it can crop up at anytime.

so if any of you do the e-matrix expect final results a few months later, its not a terrible treatment but you have to be patient. For co2 fractional the doc told me and i have read final results within 3 months. hope this helps. I dont think i would do e matrix again, too expensive and I wanted better results. i think you get like 10% improvment each time you do a treatment. no better than a TCA peel or something.