Notifications
Clear all

How to completely remove a cyst on my face?

MemberMember
(@bhavick_patelhotmail-com)

Posted : 11/02/2022 3:24 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum and I would really appreciate any assistance or advice. So what's happened is around 2 months ago i could feel a spot coming up on my face which was pretty big at the time, i know it wasn't the right thing to do but i started to pick and scratch at it thinking it would get rid of it quicker but it only made it worse as you can imagine. So i continued to wait for it to go away natually dabbing some TCP on it everyday but it never really did so i phoned the doctor and he told me after sending him a picture that it's a cyst and he prescribed Treclin Gel which i have been using for around two weeks now, it's gotten much smaller then it was but it still seems to be lingering around and not completely going away and there is like a dark patch on my skin where the spot is please see attached picture.

My question is, is there anything i can use to completely get rid of this thing and get my skin back to normal as this is beginning to really annoy me?

Thanks

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 11/07/2022 11:40 am

If the gel is working and it keeps improving, that's a good sign.

But if it stalls and stops working, you can always inquire about a cortisone shot.

And...as you noticed, totally, completely, leave it untouched and don't scratch or pick in any way. I know you know that, but just saying it for anyone else who might be reading.

MemberMember
(@bhavick_patelhotmail-com)

Posted : 11/11/2022 7:12 am

On 11/7/2022 at 4:40 PM, Dan said:

If the gel is working and it keeps improving, that's a good sign.

But if it stalls and stops working, you can always inquire about a cortisone shot.

And...as you noticed, totally, completely, leave it untouched and don't scratch or pick in any way. I know you know that, but just saying it for anyone else who might be reading.

Thanks for the advice i appreciate it and i can confirm that the gel is working because it's gotten much smaller then it was, i think there maybe some scarring so that might take a little longer to disappear.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 11/12/2022 12:25 pm

Cortisone shots help but too much and you can get sunken-in scars or atrophy.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 11/17/2022 10:58 am

On 11/12/2022 at 9:25 AM, Amanda Hall said:

Cortisone shots help but too much and you can get sunken-in scars or atrophy.

Usually that atrophy is temporary though.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 11/18/2022 1:42 am

14 hours ago, Dan said:

Usually that atrophy is temporary though.

Hypopigmentation is also a side effect of Cortisone shots. There's a risk with everything. With my cysts, it was worth the risks. I hated the cysts and didn't want to wait for them to go away.

MemberMember
(@hamptonsparkman)

Posted : 02/02/2023 8:12 pm

Thank you for this thread, I believe I may be having a similar issue with dark spots sticking around for a long time after they heal. I will look into what every one has mentioned above. Good luck to all!

MemberMember
(@coolaij)

Posted : 02/09/2023 1:02 pm

Treatment
  1. Injection. This treatment involves injecting the cyst with a medicine that reduces swelling and inflammation.
  2. Incision and drainage. With this method, your doctor makes a small cut in the cyst and gently squeezes out the contents. ...
  3. Minor surgery. Your doctor can remove the entire cyst.