Notifications
Clear all

Can anyone help me? What kind of acne is this?

MemberMember
(@tringa_avdylihotmail-com)

Posted : 05/20/2020 3:08 pm

Hi friends, I™ve done some research and i think i have fungal acne a.k.a malessezia but I™m not sure! If there is anyone who is suffering from the same condition can you tell me what kind of condition it is? Thank you in advance if you have an answer for me!0E9D1724-48AD-40AE-8E2E-151A98786713.jpeg.8a21295f377b64ec16255abe6bc93736.jpeg95171B06-97FA-4992-A5B1-E5B0AC7D1E28.jpeg.ba1526aba2a3fce22617e3cfe498b79e.jpeg

MemberMember
(@troybauer)

Posted : 05/21/2020 12:19 am

Hi FNDttt,

That looks like postules -- which is a category of light tomoderate acne.

It's eithercaused by abnormal skin shedding, high sebum levels, or skin bacteria (like P. Acnes).

You have some inflammation, which is probably caused by acne bacteria like P.acnes.

So what's the solution?

1. You should definately start by applying benzoyl peroxide to your acne spots on a regular basis. It's an over-the-counter cream that kills 99.9% of skin bacteria, which means it'll decrease your inflammation.

Do this everyday for 3 months (may cause irritation at first, but it'll help clear your acne).

2. Salicylic acid

You can find it as a face or body wash. It'sfat and oil soluble, which means it can penetrate sebum clogged pores and soften existing pimples.

It also help exfoliates your skin by removing dead skin cells, which helps prevent future acne by clearing out your pores.

3. Supplement with a natural vitamin A, like Retynl Palmitate, that you can buy over-the-counter. Make sure you only take 1 pill every 2 days, as Vitamin A is effective, but can be toxic if taken in large amounts.

4. Use Zinc Picolinate

Picolinate is the most absorbable form of zinc, and it'll help balance your hormones, especially dihydrotestosterone (dht). This hormone is usually responsible for overactive sebaceous glands.

Zinc decreases dht by reducing the enzyme responsible for creating it (called 5-alpha reductase). This reduction in dht helps lower sebum production.

25mg of zinc picolinate per day should be fine (take it with a meal).

Do this daily for 3-6 months. You'll see changes each month. Be patient!

Worse case scenario, if that still doesn't reduce it to the point where you're satisfied, visit a dermatologist

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@tentrending)

Posted : 05/21/2020 2:01 am

^^^ Salicylic acid gave me no such luck in the past

MemberMember
(@penthotal11111)

Posted : 05/21/2020 4:09 am

Zinc decreases sebum?
personally Zinc increase sebum (oily skin) and did nothing for my skin.I am not the only one to experience that situation (see olderposts in this forum).
anyway I am not saying it cant be helpful for someone else....

MemberMember
(@troybauer)

Posted : 05/21/2020 9:59 am

6 hours ago, Penthotal11111 said:

Zinc decreases sebum?
personally Zinc increase sebum (oily skin) and did nothing for my skin.I am not the only one to experience that situation (see olderposts in this forum).
anyway I am not saying it cant be helpful for someone else....

Hi Penthotal,

Try supplementing with Vitamin D3. If you already are, than up the dose slightly.

Vitamin D3 is scientifically proven to decrease sebocyte lipogenesis, meaning it reduces sebum production.

Also, a mixture of Benzoyl Peroxide (after thr shower) and Salicylic Acid (before the shower) is a powerful long term acne fighting combination.

Of course, not one supplement is going to contain the magic ingredient for your acne. We're talking about natural supplements, here. Not synthetic compounds prescribed by your dermatologist.

That's why you have to be consistent, day in and day out, with your routine.

Aim for at least 3-6 months of consistency.

Also, this advice doesn't apply to people with severe cystic acne. That's beyond my field of knowledge (for now).

Good luck!

EDIT: One synthetic retinoid you can find over-the-counter is Adapalene. If you want to turbo-charge your results, and skip the natural path, start with Adapalene.

MemberMember
(@pudding-pie)

Posted : 05/25/2020 4:14 pm

Just to chime in on the whole supplement thing...

Blemless ( found on Amazon ) has done wonders for my skin and contains vit A amongst other ingredients to combat acne.

I have found taking 1 blemless tablet, along with 25mg zinc and 1 omega 3 tablet daily to be amazing at getting rid of spots and improving overall skin complexion.