Notifications
Clear all

Can someone explain me what these are?

MemberMember
(@guardedlily)

Posted : 11/04/2019 1:57 pm

Hey guys, I suffer with mild acne and my skincare routine is extremely simple. Gentle face wash for acne, oil free moisturizer and spf. I recently bought Neutrogena oil free acne cleanser with 2% salicylic acid to help with some comedones. After using it for about 3-4 times, I noticed these little white bumps on my face. My lips are flaky and chin area is a little  itchy with lots of tiny white bumps.  I look oily because I slathered on moisturizer to help with dryness. It's only affected the lower part of my face. My forehead and cheeks are completely fine. Could it be an allergic reaction? I'd appreciate some insight and how do I get rid of this?

IMG_20191104_235214.jpg

IMG_20191105_013510__01.jpg

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 11/04/2019 8:04 pm

could be an allergic reaction or could be your skin is just purging. purging is when the product brings all the stuff that is deep down to the surface, and pretty much looks like that. if it's not painful i'd try to stick it out for a couple weeks and if it's just purging your skin will end up being alot clearer. any time i have an allergic reaction my skin burns and turns red.

MemberMember
(@guardedlily)

Posted : 11/04/2019 9:15 pm

I had a feeling it was purging too but I just wanted to be careful. If I do eat anything spicy the area around my mouth burns. It also stings when I put my sunscreen on. Is that normal because it's my first time using an acid?

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 11/04/2019 10:04 pm

i don't know. maybe cut down on how often you use it. your supposed to start using it 1x a day and gradually increase. so if you are using it 1x a day maybe cut down to every other day. it does cause your skin to be more sensitive. if it is drying out your skin aloe vera would help it feel less sensitive. aloe gel has been a godsend to me, i put it on anything that hurts. i even use it as a moisturizer morning and night. if you do put aloe on don't put cheap stuff that has a ton of alcohol make sure it's at least 98% pure aloe.

MemberMember
(@guardedlily)

Posted : 11/04/2019 11:25 pm

I've got some of my old face wash remaining so I've stopped using the cleanser. I'll give my skin a break for a bit. Somehow, I got convinced into purchasing 5% lactic acid. I don't think I'll be using that any time soon either. Thanks for the tip! I appreciate it :)