Notifications
Clear all

Concerned Dad

MemberMember
(@tee-bull)

Posted : 07/18/2019 11:08 pm

Hi,

My 12 year old son is going through puberty. He has, what the dermatologist called, pastule,pustule acne on his face, back and chest. He also has tons of blackheads. The doctors first choice was Accutane. I wasn't happy that it was his FIRSTchoice,especially, that I was on it as a teen for cystic acne and got very depressed. But, it didwork.

He took my concerns serious and recommended Doxycycline, Clindamycin, Benzoyl Peroxide wash and Retin A instead. I don't want to start on the doxycycline and clindamycin because there antibiotics andI've researched there side effects. Would the Retin A alone work? Is there any other options I should consider before Accutane?

Thanks for all you do.

Best regards,

Keith

MemberMember
(@misspaige93)

Posted : 07/19/2019 7:54 am

Hi keith

i dont think the retain a would work alone. Though roaccutane does have pretty bad side effects it does work wonders in clearing acne..Ive had friends who have had severe acne and did 1 6 month course of roaccutane and there skin cleared beautifully..1 course is usually enough to clear acne for life..I wish my parents got me on this when I was young so I didnt have to deal with acne in my mid 20s instead.