Notifications
Clear all

Caveman regime

MemberMember
(@assenav)

Posted : 05/30/2019 1:47 pm

Hi, 

So I started the caveman regime exactly 2 weeks ago.. Well i use water on my face as I feel like after working out you need to wash your face ? And also wore makeup twice since I started.. Used garnier micellar water to wash it off.. So not perfect caveman but I'm trying.. 

Anyway it was going so good (face less red, complexion so much better) I was getting small whiteheads but they were going so quick! Then this week my forehead started breaking out in these small red bumps, (some with small white heads) and I have never got spots here, well very rarely and not like this.. I did use le Roche posay sunscreen before this happened but only once and its suited for acne skin? 

Anyway I had so much faith in the caveman regime until now.. Can't understand why this is happening all of a sudden.. 

Has anyone else experienced this when doing the caveman? And does this mean my pores are starting to get clogged?

Wore makeup today (2nd time) and then gave in and washed it off with the micellar water and cerave cleanser.. As I'm getting scared not washing my face is clogging my pores

So yes any opinions would be great :)

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/30/2019 8:35 pm

Have you taken antibiotics ? If so, you probably have fungal acne. For some reason, some diets, including caveman diets in some people can make fungal acne worse.

Also, the sunscreen could have triggered fungal acne. Fungus loves moisture and one type of fungus that causes fungal acne feds on te organic oils in moisturisers, sunscreens etc.

Fungal acne can be controled by aplying topical antifungal cream, such a clotrimazole cream (Canesten or similar). I am happy to provide more information, if you wish.

In the meantime, do NOT use any moisturisers or organic oils on the affected areas of your skin. Doing so will make the problem worse. Keep your skin VERY dry. Fungus loves moisture ..... think of bathroom mould (which is fungus, not the sort that causes fungal acne)