Notifications
Clear all

Advice on what steps to take?

MemberMember
(@juliejuliejulie3)

Posted : 11/06/2018 11:27 am

hi!
i'm a 19 year old girl who has been suffering with acne for the past 8 years or so. for a few years, my doctor had prescribed me lymecycline, which had initially helped but eventually stopped doing anything for me. my acne seemed to get worse, particularly on my cheeks at this point, which is when i was prescribed birth control. after a few months, i noticed that my skin became significantly worse - i had stopped taking the birth control. this was around a year ago - since then, i've been simply keeping a skincare routine where i use african black soap and a tea tree wash, which seems to keep my skin fairly in check (this is lightly said as i still would get around 10 small spots at a time), along with doing all the stuff like changing pillow cases regularly etc however recently it once again flared up, particularly on my neck and chin - i'm sure you'd understand my frustration, i am soon to turn 20 years old so i can't even blame it on puberty at this point haha! also, i scar SO badly -- nothing seems to get rid of the hyperpigmentation, i have to wear face makeup everytime i leave the house. i'm not sure whether i should return to my doctor at this point, as i'm not sure what other options there are, or whether i should just brave it through the flare ups? (they usually consist of clusters of like, 15 spots in one area, particularly on my jaw. vvvv frustrating.) or does anybody have any other tips? plz help!
thank you a lot! <33

MemberMember
(@zkay)

Posted : 11/10/2018 6:09 am

Hi,

You may find that some of the treatments prescribed by the doctor do not work. For me epiduo seemed to work. It is a topical cream. However recently i saw a homeopathic doctor who prescribed Dr Reckeweg R53 which are drops. I have been taking them for almost 16 days and thank God i have noticed an improvement.