Notifications
Clear all

Small flesh colored bumps on chin, occasionally cheeks

MemberMember
(@ranii)

Posted : 08/28/2018 5:24 pm

Hey, I™m really desperate for help on this. I have these little flesh colored bumps on my chin that I™m really conscious about, and they™ve been there for about a year now and are getting more irritating. They don™t itch or hurt, but they are just THERE. They can™t be seen too clearly but the light in our bathroom seems to make them stick out and look worse. 
Here is my skincare regimen:
1. Cleanser: neutrogena acne proofing gel cleanser
2. Toner: thayers witch hazel rose water
3. Lotion: la roche Posay tolerating double repair spf 30
4. Spot treatment: on the spot or neutrogena 10 percent benzoyl peroxide gel
5. Different gel all over face

i also take doxycycline 
please help !! 9238FACD-A223-4DC8-8BD1-EA9C450AAC74.thumb.jpeg.c8754ca8fee60244bda338952cf0cafc.jpeg

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 08/29/2018 8:40 am

Its closed comedomes. Caused when your skin gets clogges by a product. I suggest using a mild cleanser such as the acne.orh one because most gebric brand companies usualky have ingridients that clog pores thats how they make money. Make you think that itkl work and when it does it wont get comlletely clear because of the ingridients andnyou come back. Secondly 10% BP is way too harsh the acne.org 2.5% is less drying and has the same effect as the 10% would have. Lastly, what isnyour skin type? If its oily or dry I dont think a gel would be good because its thick and would lead to pores from being unable to breathe.
Cleanser>2.5% BP> Moisturizer thats all the steps you need really. And if it does start to improve yku can expect a brwakout on the chin because closed comedones usually turn into pimples so the plug could be released. Try to not eat dairy and see if that helps also. Since anything chin related is hormonal. You could also try BHA for closed comedones. Again if you do ty that research the ingridients and pH of the product. I thunk Paulas Choice has a good reputation with acids such as AHA and BHA.

claire358 liked
MemberMember
(@claire358)

Posted : 08/29/2018 12:57 pm

Ugh, yea I have these all over my chin and cheeks after going off of birth control. So frustrating!!! I had perfect skin after being on the pill for almost 8 years. I just bought the acne.org regimen again (used it as a teen and it worked really well, wish I had the before and after pics still!). Good luck! I am going to use some of VulveraryRain's suggestions too..

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 08/29/2018 8:18 pm

Yea the regimen is good, but the moisturizer is not so much I suggest using Eucerin 5% Urea dry relief face cream, but its only on ebay and ships from uk takes a long time maybe 3 weeks so i usually stock up and its very good at keeping the skin moisturized. Especially because Urea is a ingridient that helps thr skin restore its natural moisture levels. Females do have it worse when it comes to hormones because of their periods and etc, but im sure if you stick with a routine and not give in when things get worse itll get better. I had clogges pores ans closed comedones suddenly all over my face and I used benzoyl peroxide things got rough at the start of the 2-3 months, but I stook it out because I had nothing to lose its co trolled now ever so often I get a brwakout if I have cheat days and eat processes foods, but in all its good. Try to be dairy free and gluten free as foods high in gluten spikes your sugar levels which increases oil production leading to blockage of pores. I also suggest taking probiotics that will help with your intestinal tracks in which cases cause acne. Good luck to you all. Lastly when you try benozyl or BHA expect dry dead skin madness for couppe of weeks to some months because it causes the outer layer to shed and new skin to form rapidly. Remember a routine will or will not show the effects after 3-4 months dont quit because it suddenly got worse within the two months. Acne is not a quick fix just ride it down hard!