Notifications
Clear all

Literally Trusting God to Heal My Acne

MemberMember
(@mark534)

Posted : 07/04/2018 4:35 pm

At therisk of sounding crazy (I promise I'm not a religious nut...)

My acne is currently the worst it has ever been. I've dealt with bad breakouts in the past and my skin hasn't been completely clear in years (maybe a couple times a year it will be clear for a day or two, otherwise there's always a few blemishes, but usually nothing major). But nothing like this. My wedding is in less than 3 weeks, so I assume I'm breaking out from stress (started breaking out in April and it has only gotten worse). OTC topicals just irritate and dry out my skin (the acne remains). I believe I started reacting to my makeup and Cetaphil because of dimethicone (I'd prayed for God to show me what I was reacting to and that was what kept coming up online and was a consistent ingredient in most of my skincare/makeup products). As of last week, I stopped using anything with dimethicone on my face, but I'm still breaking out (could be partly hormonal, too, because it's that time. I don't think the breakout has a dietary correlation because I've become dairy-free, gluten-free, and eat little sugar, no fried foods, etc. to try to improve it, but the changes have made no difference). It's too close to my wedding to go to a dermatologist and get medication; I've heard with medication, acne gets worse before it gets better.

Since I don't react well to the OTC stuff I've tried, I literally have no other option but to pray and trust God to heal my skin in time for my wedding. I've seen a lot of posts online about not worrying, but trusting God instead, and about faith healing you (I haven't gone out of my way to look them up; they just show up on social media and my Bible apps). On Sunday I felt like I needed to go to church for some reason (haven't gone to church in a while because my depression and anxiety, combined with my acne make me want to isolate myself), and the Scripture reading ended up being about Jesus healing a woman of a chronic bleeding condition (she had tried everything but nothing helped until Jesus healed her) and raising a girl from the dead (Mark 5:21-43). I feel like God is telling me to stop worrying and trying to solve the issue on my own; I just need to trust Him because He has the power to heal anything.

If you pray, please pray for me. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@mark534)

Posted : 07/27/2018 1:27 am

Well, it worked! God made my skin clear for my wedding. I didn't see much of an improvement until about a week and a half/two weeks before the wedding. I'd been getting new white heads every day, but the week of the wedding, I had a few days with no new marks, so my skin had a chance to improve. The day of the wedding I just had two tiny pimples on my jawline and maybe a little one on my forehead. My makeup artist was able to cover my scars easily with makeup (most of my scars are flat reddish dots but I did have a couple slighty-raised ones). My skin looked better than it has in I don't know how long. Our photographer didn't even have to photoshop my skin. God is so good! Trust Him!

MemberMember
(@mel777)

Posted : 07/27/2018 1:29 am

Amen!

Mark5:34 liked