Notifications
Clear all

Weeping Cystic Wound

MemberMember
(@berry77)

Posted : 03/21/2018 4:05 pm

I have a big cystic open wound that wont heal on my cheek. It doesn't stop weeping, which doesn't allow it to heal, or form any sort of scab. I don't know if the wound still has any sort of acne in there, but it hasn't started the healing process in over two week. Since it's on my cheek it's extra hard to keep it still without stretching it when I eat, talk, laugh, etc. I try to minimize movement, and even try to laugh with my mouth closed. It's horrible.
I've tried using those little hydrocolloid patches (the COSRXacne pimple master patch) and they last all of 30 min before falling off from too much liquid. I've applied Neosporin at night with gauze, take supplements regularly to help heal internally, and much much more. It's been over two weeks, and I don't know why it's still weeping, or how to get it to heal.
HELP PLEASE!!

MemberMember
(@ohwellletstry)

Posted : 03/21/2018 7:32 pm

In my experience, such wounds have pus inside. Have you considered compressing with saline water? I would heat water and dissolve some salt in it. Next, I would soak cotton pads in it and compress for about 30 minutes, putting the cotton wool to the cyst till it cools down, and then repeat. This helps the pus to localize and rise to the top, thus helping the infection heal faster.

I have also found retin A to be very useful in bringing infections to the surface.