Notifications
Clear all

Accepting my condition (Tried everything)

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 03/26/2018 4:09 pm

I totally feel your pain. Once I hit puberty, I've been an avid acne sufferer. Pro-Activ worked amazing for me, but once I hit my 20's it stopped. I've tried Acne.org, Cetaphil, Cerave, Neutralyze, Clean and Clear, I've tried NOTHING, etc. Literally nothing worked.
I started using Rodan + Fields' Unblemish line in December and it's been amazing for me so far. I have cystic acne, and it's REALLY cleared up. I'm only 3.5 months in, so I do get a break out here and there, but nothing compared to what I'm used to. I love their product so much, that I became a consultant.
I left my site at the bottom of this reply; but if you have any questions or are interested, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to help.

[Removed link]

MemberMember
(@robinclooney)

Posted : 03/27/2018 9:28 am

Here are just a couple of mentions...I agree with having an extraction put under a microscope..that many antibiotics can create fungal acne which doesnt respond to anything in the acne arsenals..its a fungus, those antibiotics destroy all of the good bacteria and the yeast then flourish..if that is your case then Antifungal creams and a dose of oral fungal treatments would wipe it out...you also mentioned your gut, a sign of gut flora which also affects your skin...I also chew acidophilus tabs four times per day...maybe this could be your problem...take it from someone who took minocyline for two years everyday...not one single good bacteria shown only fungal/yeast. Good luck

MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 03/27/2018 11:55 am

On 25/03/2018 at 10:20 AM, Rafael P. said:

Hey,

you are not alone, i went on 4 courses of Accutane and still having acne, during the treatment my face looked awesome, within a single spot, but my acne always returned. My last course of Accutane ended in March/2016, since then i'm only trying a lot of things to fix my problem, but no one of them seems to work properly.

I'm considering ULTRA Low dose of Accutane per week to solve my problem, and keep it at bay, but i do not found many people on internet using this kind of treatment. My acne is mild and persistent, used already a lot of chemicals (actually im using BP) and natural treatments, also diet changes and they never disappear, seems accutane is the only solution, i'm 25 years old and acne sufferer since 13. I saw in your profile that you are brazilian, i am too, searching for a dermatologist to recommend Ultra Low Dose of Accutane like 20/40mg per week, but no one seems to prescribe this.

hi, i already considered Ultra Low Dose of Accutane as a "maintain cure" and still thinking about it. I've talked with 2 derms about this treatment but they simply regret, they only follow the usual full dose treatment and i just don't want a full course again, to be acne free just about 8 months and they come back again.

I'm searching for an alternative cure, before going this way. This forum has plenty of people that used and keep using accutane per week and had success, theproblem is that we do not know what this can lead to in the long run, it's dangerous.

I just ordered Zinc and Panthotenic Acid (B5) in iHerb but to arrive in Brazil... at least 60 days, and each day it's been a constant struggle.

2 hours ago, robinclooney said:

Here are just a couple of mentions...I agree with having an extraction put under a microscope..that many antibiotics can create fungal acne which doesnt respond to anything in the acne arsenals..its a fungus, those antibiotics destroy all of the good bacteria and the yeast then flourish..if that is your case then Antifungal creams and a dose of oral fungal treatments would wipe it out...you also mentioned your gut, a sign of gut flora which also affects your skin...I also chew acidophilus tabs four times per day...maybe this could be your problem...take it from someone who took minocyline for two years everyday...not one single good bacteria shown only fungal/yeast. Good luck

extraction of what? skin? one smaller part of the gut?

Which professional can prescribe such exam, angastroenterologist?

I take probiotics daily (2 pills/day) and my gut improved, it has acidophilus on it, but my skin didn't improve. I don't think it's fungal acne, they look different.

MemberMember
(@robinclooney)

Posted : 03/27/2018 1:38 pm

Have your derm extract either pus or something trapped inside any pore and advocate very strongly that you want him/her to put in under a microscope and see what it is..is it a certain bacteria like staph? Is it totally fungal and not bacterial at all? If you dont speak up these know it all derms and worse off the young nurse practitioners think looking at your face and saying yep..its acne is pure bullshit! I am going though something similar with my skin and the nurse practitioner trying to tell me I can go to bed on a Sunday night with clear skin and Monday wake up to a chin covered in red bumps and white spots on my cheek..she said that was past sun damage..okay and it just showed the blotchy spots along with red bumps in 12 hours, I think not! She insisted that yes its possible to wake to any skin condition...shes fucking clueless. So clueless that when I said spiro and not the full name, she said what is spiro? She may have been 24 years old at best....

i mention the gut gut because mine is still fucked up from constant minocycline use..years of it daily..so yeah it effects you gut big time and your skin too, basically you get the same thing that happens when us girls get a yeast infection from taking antibiotics...this time its in your gut, face and its a fucking act of Congress to get them to listen...she didnt even look at it under her high powered microscope

Just saw you post about the difference in fungal acne and I agree, but the red and raised bumps covering my chin that am never contained any pus, never came to a head they just went away after I used the Rx hydrocortisone cream he gave me...but you deserve to know what kind of bacteria is lurking there

MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 05/19/2018 11:10 am

Just an update.

Started accutane for the 6th time, and three times a week. My acne has competly worsened few days ago.

Hope i can find a cure soon.