Notifications
Clear all

Slow healing skin?

MemberMember
(@fcntcsy)

Posted : 12/07/2017 8:01 am

All of my life, my skin has been nearly perfect. I've struggled with the occasional pimple or two, but they healed very quickly. This past summer I went through periods of starving myself and overexercising, and that's when it all went downhill. Early september I started getting random pimples (mostly on my cheeks, but also on my chin, hairline, and subclinical acne on forehead). I tried onexton, but my skin wouldn't respond to it or any other topical treatment. It takes weaks for a pimple to heal, it will come to a head and stay like that for days, and the red mark it leaves behind lasts forever, it seems.

Sometimes the pimples will even fill back up in the same spot. It's like my skin has completely lost its ability to heal. I've been knowingly anemic since last year, and I just recently started taking iron pills, do you think that could be part of it? I'm eating healthier now, although I ate complete junk all my life and had crystal clear skin. That's why I think there's an underlying problem. I also have constipation issues. I'm wondering if it could be stomach related as well. Any advice would be appreciated!

MemberMember
(@99f)

Posted : 12/07/2017 1:39 pm

It is my belief that lesions that persist and re-appear in the same location are indicative of a demodex colony. Your sudden lifestyle modification may have interfered with your body's natural defense against the mites and allowed them to overpopulate your skin. This is treatable - lots of info on how to eradicate on here and Googleincluding my posts

MemberMember
(@fcntcsy)

Posted : 12/08/2017 10:00 pm

On 12/7/2017 at 1:39 PM, 99f said:

It is my belief that lesions that persist and re-appear in the same location are indicative of a demodex colony. Your sudden lifestyle modification may have interfered with your body's natural defense against the mites and allowed them to overpopulate your skin. This is treatable - lots of info on how to eradicate on here and Googleincluding my posts

Thank you for the reply. Is this something I would need a diagnosis for or can I treat it myself? I also forgot to mention in the post that I struggle with constipation as well, something that started at exactly the same time as the acne did, so it's hard to believe it would just be coincidental.

MemberMember
(@srht)

Posted : 12/09/2017 2:35 am

Using an antiseptic like SudoCrem can actually promote quicker healing