Notifications
Clear all

Depressed over ACNE!

MemberMember
(@lemonlute)

Posted : 11/14/2017 3:52 pm

I have had acne since I was about 11 1/2 and even though I™m only 14 now (sorry to those who have had it longer) I™m sick of this. It™s mostly whiteheads and a few blackheads on my nose - luckily they don™t bother me. I have tried every cream, gel, medicine... everything! And I™m starting to feel guilty for my Mum spending her money on treatments. I have even been to the dermatologist twice and nothing™s worked, if anything made it worse. I feel severely depressed at least every two days and sometimes don™t want to go out with friends or go to school. I try not to wear makeup as I do to not be insecure (don™t wear it heavily anyway) but nothing changes.

I know it™s more my mind than my skin as some days I feel really good about my skin even though I have breakouts mainly on my forehead. However, what really gets me is that when I look in the mirror I see about 10 pimples normally, but, when I step into the light there are loads everywhere (do others notice this?) When I see celebrities or anyone with clear skin on social media or Tv this makes me more depressed; I dream of clear skin, but I don™t believe it will ever come true. Please help me, I can™t be the only one like this :(

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 11/15/2017 3:04 pm

Don't worry to much about it :) Stress is a major cause of acne. Have you tried using retinoids and benzyol peroxide such as differin, retin a or Epido? If you have not then give it a try! it works well for most people. And surely your skin looks ALOT ALOT worse in your mind. Nobody really cares about that, and nobody inspects your skin as much as you do. As for my case, my skin looks differently depending on my humour :) when im mad it looks horrible, but when i happy it looks good. And you will eventually have clear skin, you will probably grow out acne (as you are now at your puberty peak, and if you dont grow it out (which is not very possible) there are effective treatments. Try not to eat as many sweets and cut down dairy! and trust me, nobody cares as much about your skin as much as you do. Good luck!

LemonLute liked