Notifications
Clear all

Acne medications

MemberMember
(@jkels)

Posted : 08/27/2017 10:33 am

Hi I recently purchased the starter kit at acne.org which included the cleanser, treatment, and moisturizer. However I went to a doctor and got prescribedtretinon cream, usp .1%. I was thinking I will still use the cleanser and mosturizer but will skip the treatment. I apply the cream only at night and use the cleanser and moisturizer twice a day. Should I use the treatment in morning or bad idea to mix treatment and tretinon cream?
thank you for any feedback

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 08/27/2017 7:22 pm

8 hours ago, Jkels said:

Hi I recently purchased the starter kit at acne.org which included the cleanser, treatment, and moisturizer. However I went to a doctor and got prescribedtretinon cream, usp .1%. I was thinking I will still use the cleanser and mosturizer but will skip the treatment. I apply the cream only at night and use the cleanser and moisturizer twice a day. Should I use the treatment in morning or bad idea to mix treatment and tretinon cream?
thank you for any feedback

Tretinoin and BP deactivate each other when used together so I suggest using tretinoin only at night at first, then when your skin gets used to it, you can use the BP in the morning. Using both together will have a lot of side effects because they are very harsh products.

Jkels liked