Notifications
Clear all

Ways to prevent breakouts?

MemberMember
(@tootsieroll)

Posted : 08/24/2017 6:57 am

Hello. I have my skin care routine that works for me. My skin care routine includes neutrogena acne facial wash then epiduo then moisturizer and sunblock in the morning, and tretinoin 0.5% in the evening.  However, my problem is the last time I transferred from home to my current apartment, I had severe breakout. Probably because the apartment had redecoration and all of my stuff are new. (Does these have effect on breakouts?) It took two years or so for my skin to clear up again. 2 months from now, I'm transferring from my current apartment to a new apartment. I'm afraid I might have severe breakout again. Also, I'm afraid to do procedures like diamond peel, because I have keloidal skin so I stick to topical treatment. Do you have any tips or ways for preventing breakouts? :) Thank you :)

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 08/24/2017 8:24 pm

were often told stress can cause acne. if your skin routine is all good & your diet is ok.. could it be stress from moving apartments?

MemberMember
(@onlinebuydrugs)

Posted : 09/08/2017 12:26 pm

Using dermalmd acne serumis the best option. Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@clugey)

Posted : 09/11/2017 3:24 am

wet a ball of cotton wool with pure Apple Cider Vinegar - apply to effected areas on your face incl the corner of your mouth, beofre you go to bed and when you awake in the morning. Once you start to see results, drop to just applying at night. This will impact your skins ph level (which impacts ability of bacteria to thrive)

MemberMember
(@charles_bkwski)

Posted : 09/11/2017 5:34 am

My younger brother who had acne as a teenager actually introduced this product to me when I started breaking out as an adult. It's a Korean brand, CosRX, and they have this one product called the "one step pimple pad".

You use it after washing your face, it cleans dirt that's still left on the face after washing.

It's the only thing that I've found has worked-- I've tried tea tree oil, and Oxy creams and everything, to no avail, it only made me break out more, as I have pretty sensitive skin. The CosRX pimple pad is the only product that has helped clear my skin, and prevent new break outs. It also helps regulate the oil levels on your skin. It's really just amazing.

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 09/13/2017 4:05 pm

On 8/24/2017 at 4:57 AM, Tootsieroll said:

Hello. I have my skin care routine that works for me. My skin care routine includes neutrogena acne facial wash then epiduo then moisturizer and sunblock in the morning, and tretinoin 0.5% in the evening.  However, my problem is the last time I transferred from home to my current apartment, I had severe breakout. Probably because the apartment had redecoration and all of my stuff are new. (Does these have effect on breakouts?) It took two years or so for my skin to clear up again. 2 months from now, I'm transferring from my current apartment to a new apartment. I'm afraid I might have severe breakout again. Also, I'm afraid to do procedures like diamond peel, because I have keloidal skin so I stick to topical treatment. Do you have any tips or ways for preventing breakouts? :) Thank you :)

Eat well- eat anti-oxidant rich foods regularly- like leafy greens, berries, chia seeds, etc.
Supplements like probiotics might help. and Fish oils.
Exercise regularly- to get your lymphatic system and blood circulation moving. Also helps detoxify your body when you sweat
Use non-abrasive/ products made for sensitive skin- don't overwash or scrub.
Moisturize!
Apply SPF everyday- good job!
Wash your pillowcases every week to rid of bacteria.

If you apply makeup, be sure to double cleanse with non-harsh cleansers. This will effectively clean all dirt, grime, sweat, and makeup from the day. Use good vitamin C serums, essences, etc.
I've found a good korean skincare routine helps!