Notifications
Clear all

I don't know what else to do

MemberMember
(@jgrobinho11)

Posted : 08/06/2017 4:35 pm

I've had acne since I graduated high school I'm 22 now,, it seems to just get worse and worse and it's really screwing my face , with marks and blemishes . I work outside everyday and I workout every night because of sports and mma training . I went to the Derm about two weeks ago and was put on Veltin gel which hasn't done absolutely anything , it doesn't even peel my skin only around the corners of my mouth, and doxycycline hyclate once a day , I haven't seen any results yet it's just getting worse which is wat as expected and the pimples last very long and they hurt really bad , it's only on the right side of my face which is a weird. I Drink a gallon of water a day, take vitamin A, don't eat dairy , I'm just lost and accurate isn't really an option because none of these doctors will give it to me

MemberMember
(@shamrocklimo)

Posted : 08/07/2017 1:28 am

Hey there! There's a couple of tips I can give you that worked for me personally so they may be worth a shot.

First, if you've started doxycycline 2 weeks ago (when you visited the dermatologist) then I'd give it more time to kick in. I've been on doxycycline twice and both times it was quite effective so hopefully it'll be effective for you as well. In addition, you mentioned that you exercise frequently. Make sure that you're cleaning your face often and if poissble right after working out to avoid sweat building up on your face. Also if you take any supplements, especially whey, I'd recommend cycling off for a couple weeks to see if you spot any improvement. Also be sure to change your pillow case often. Finally, if doxycycline doesn't up working out for you in the long run, trying ask your doctor about Bactrim. My parents didn't want me going on Accutane so my doctor prescribed me Bactrim since my second time taking doxycycline wasn't as effective as we had hoped and the Bactrim cleared up my face almost entirely. Bactrim does have sulfur in it I believe so it's important to make sure you aren't allergic.

Cosimo liked