Notifications
Clear all

What is this big lump?

MemberMember
(@kittykat29)

Posted : 07/13/2017 4:35 pm

I am 37 and suffering with cystic acne for the first time, following the birth of my baby last Nov.

A few months ago I had what I thought was a pimple on my cheek and squeezed it... this was a bad idea as it wasn't a pimple and squeezing it turned it into a big lump ( its definitely  more defined in real life than  pic shows)

It has never come to a head and I can see it's white under the skin when I stretch it. It's not going away and I wondered what it was and how to get rid of it? Can I have it lanced?

IMG_7234.JPG

The rest of the acne came up just after and is red, inflamed sore right now. I'm breastfeeding so can't take anything - what is the most natural  thing to deal with it please? My diet is pretty clean and I'm washing my face twice a day. I need to find a moisturiser tho as my skin is dry & eczema prone. I'm in UK, you recommendations please? 

IMG_7232.PNG

IMG_7231.JPG

IMG_7233.JPG

MemberMember
(@kittykat29)

Posted : 07/15/2017 3:26 pm

This bump is getting worse and my husband wants me to see a derm... which is quite hard to do in the UK... does anyone know if there are procedures I can request or will it be mostly topical stuff?

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/15/2017 5:16 pm

It sounds and looks like a cystic pimple to me. Usually they'll inject it with a steroid.