Notifications
Clear all

Is this enough for Accutane?

MemberMember
(@sdc0223)

Posted : 07/08/2017 7:31 pm

This is my first time posting on here and I just have a serious question pertaining accutane and when it is finally the time to get on it. 
So I have had acne for years (16 I believe) but it has never been anything serious. Just a pimple here or there once a week so I never really complained or bothered to go to a dermatologist. 
But ever since I hit 19, I have been breaking out a lot. I Have been been going to my dermatologist for ever since (now 22 yrs of age) and I have been prescribed numerous things. 
From Duac, to tretinoin, and now epiduo. Duac was probably he best I used out of the 3 but it's like my face got used to the cream after about 4 months. Although in that 4 month span my face was so clear. Edpiduo had been relatively good at "killing off"  pimple that forms but it just hasn't been able to clear my face from new ones coming in. 
I have 2
images for what my face currently looks like and was wondering if this would be enough to get put on Accutane. The reason I'm asking is because I have been reading that you're face must be very severe for a dermatologist to put you on. Yes, I know a lot  people have it worse than I  but I am now 22 and so tired of acne. I wouldn't mind having one or two pimples now my face like I used too but this is just getting so annoying. 
If anyone knows of a treatment that I can give one last try with please recommend it. If not, do you believe my dermatologist would put me on Accutane although  face isn't as "severe"? 

IMG_3753.JPG

IMG_3754.JPG

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 07/09/2017 5:55 am

Accutane is quite a serious drug. Have you looked into it with enough depth to judge the pro's and con's and risks involved?

Im no doctor, but to be honest i do not think your case would be a good candidate for accutane. It looks mild enough to be easily taken care of by a good topical regimen. I would definitely recommend looking into the acne.org regimen. It worked absolute miracles for my more severe case. Even though accutane was offered to me multiple times by doctors I always declined because I was not willing to take the risk.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 07/09/2017 11:21 am

for clear skin from accutane, are you ready to receive in return hypothyroidism, gallbladder disorder, Crohn's disease or cirrhosis of the liver???
really think about it!

Eat organic dairy and meat and you'll forget acne
its hormone and antibiotics in non-organicdairy and meat that cause acne
mixone drop of lavender essential oil and face moisturizer and apply on face every other day
eating raw fruits and veggies cures any chronic skin issues