Notifications
Clear all

Fast facial wound healing? Pls help!!

MemberMember
(@lamur)

Posted : 07/02/2017 12:21 pm

I squeezed a whitehead that wasn't ready (I know I shouldn't have and I usually wouldn't but I was feeling super anxious). The skin broke and now it is fairly raw and red, equivalent to a shallow wound. Currently, I have a hydrocolloid bandage on it (since I think there might be a little pus left) with a thin layer of lanolin over the wound itself to protect it from the adhesive. As long as I don't remove the bandage too prematurely, I'm hoping this will speed up healing. Any other ideas? Specifically any vitamins/minerals I can take orally or maybe foods I should eat? Looking for good lifestyle changes. I have an important event on Friday and I'm fully aware it won't be perfect by then, but I'm hoping it will heal over, so that I can at least cover up any discoloration.

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/02/2017 12:47 pm

Yes just alternate between the hydrocolloid bandage and a healing ointment/moisturizer and give it time. I've heard pure aloe can be a big help. You're not supposed to put the hydrocolloid bandage over any other products, just dry, bare skin. As you're aware it won't be overnight. Best of luck!

lamur liked
MemberMember
(@lamur)

Posted : 07/02/2017 5:21 pm

4 hours ago, Feelishia said:

Yes just alternate between the hydrocolloid bandage and a healing ointment/moisturizer and give it time. I've heard pure aloe can be a big help. You're not supposed to put the hydrocolloid bandage over any other products, just dry, bare skin. As you're aware it won't be overnight. Best of luck!

Yeah, I put the lanolin on it because I read that these bandages can pull off your skin if it's not fully healed yet, so I wanted some sort of barrier. Still nervous though because I'm going to the dermatologist in the morning, so I'm gonna want to take it off before then so that he can treat it. Do you have any experience with removing them gently? I'm super scared now that it's just gonna peel off whatever skin is starting to form.

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/02/2017 5:30 pm

The acne specific bandages I used never had that problem. They're not *that* sticky. So if you think this will be something you'll need to do again in the future, get acne absorbing covers. What about soaking it or steaming it and trying to get water to peel it off some? Just a thought!