Notifications
Clear all

Face washes

MemberMember
(@lebron23)

Posted : 04/19/2017 8:06 pm

What are some good face washes to use while using benzoyl peroxide?

MemberMember
(@wehrlebird21)

Posted : 04/21/2017 10:47 am

I'd recommend any face wash/cleanser that is fragrance free, and dye free and also non comodogenic. I have heard good things about cetaphil face wash, clean and clear face washes, and vanicream face wash. I believe they all have those properties, I know for sure vanicream face wash does as it is made for sensitive skin. I use their moisturizer. Honestly though I have used Dans (acne.org) cleanser for over a year with no issues. I use it to shave and everything. Either way, just make sure you wash your face very gently. there are also washes that have BP in them, though I wouldn't recommend those, they never worked well for me

Stephen J liked
MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 04/21/2017 10:32 pm

11 hours ago, Wehrlebird21 said:

I have heard good things about cetaphil face wash

I've tried both the sensitive and normal skin versions of the cetaphil facial cleanser and they're great!

11 hours ago, Wehrlebird21 said:

there are also washes that have BP in them, though I wouldn't recommend those, they never worked well for me

I agree with you as well.

Trying to find a good cleanser is like a wild goose chase blindfolded; you really have to hunt to find the one that you and your skin like best. From personal experience, I'd recommend Cetaphil or Cerave, they're both good cleansers, as well as reasonable in price.

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 04/22/2017 4:23 am

la-roche-posay-effaclar-foaming-gel-purifying-foaming-gel-by-la-roche-posay-670.jpg
I was asking myself the same question. I tried cetaphil and it was good but I felt like I needed something with a bit 'more' acne fighting ingredients. Thankfully I went to see a dermatologist and she told me "La Roche-Posay Effaclar Gel Wash" is a great one for sensitive skin and for while using benzoyl peroxide. I tried it and LOVE IT! No way would I now use anything else. It makes my skin so smooth and its very gentle. Im also pretty sure that its a light exfoliate too. I know, that word always scared me coz Ive heard that exfoliating makes acne skin worse, but this is super gentle that even my skin can tolerate it and thats saying something as Ive had drs tell me that my skin is so fragile and sensitive that they were surprised at just how sensitive it is. Id say this wash is a 10/10 in my list. Plus I've noticed here that now alot more chemists are selling it. Its approx $25- $30 australia dollars for 200mls. I think my tube will last atleast 6 months as you only need a tiny amount.