Notifications
Clear all

Looking for Skin-Care Regimen Advice

MemberMember
(@user589361)

Posted : 02/25/2017 1:01 pm

Hey guys!

I need some advice in regards to my daily skin-care regimen. While my face is relatively acne-free, I frequently get cystic acne breakouts on my back and neck. I'm most likely going to need to go on a second round of Accutane, but my question in the meantime is, how can I improve my daily skin-care routine?

My current routine:

1. I shower in the morning, using generic body wash. I use the body wash on my face and neck. I then apply Clear Clinic's O2 wash(5% Benzoyl Peroxide) to my neck, let it sit for around a minute, and then rinse.
  2. I also shower at night, using the same routine as my shower in the morning.
  3. After showering at night, I apply a 1% Clindamycin Phosphate topical lotion before going to bed.

This routine doesn't really seem to be working. I'm constantly getting breakouts on my neck, and my skin feels dry and irritated. Should I be using body wash to wash my neck and face, or should I use a gentler product? Is the Clindamycin Phosphate effective, or should I ask my dermatologist for another product (maybe Azelaic Acid gel)? Are there other products I can use throughout the day to keep my skin clear and moisturized?

Any advice is much appreciated!

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 02/25/2017 7:55 pm

6 hours ago, spaloosh said:

Hey guys!

I need some advice in regards to my daily skin-care regimen. While my face is relatively acne-free, I frequently get cystic acne breakouts on my back and neck. I'm most likely going to need to go on a second round of Accutane, but my question in the meantime is, how can I improve my daily skin-care routine?

My current routine:

1. I shower in the morning, using generic body wash. I use the body wash on my face and neck. I then apply Clear Clinic's O2 wash(5% Benzoyl Peroxide) to my neck, let it sit for around a minute, and then rinse.
  2. I also shower at night, using the same routine as my shower in the morning.
  3. After showering at night, I apply a 1% Clindamycin Phosphate topical lotion before going to bed.

This routine doesn't really seem to be working. I'm constantly getting breakouts on my neck, and my skin feels dry and irritated. Should I be using body wash to wash my neck and face, or should I use a gentler product? Is the Clindamycin Phosphate effective, or should I ask my dermatologist for another product (maybe Azelaic Acid gel)? Are there other products I can use throughout the day to keep my skin clear and moisturized?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Try using a gentler face cleanser. That may be the problem. Sometimes, body washes contain ingredients that make the skin dry out and that may be affecting your face causing more breakouts.