Notifications
Clear all

My ance story. First post, any help would be great.

MemberMember
(@mollywillow94)

Posted : 02/21/2017 1:47 pm

This is my first post so it probably will be a long one. Im looking for as much advice, kind words and hope I can get. So here goes, back in 2013 I started getting clogged pores all over my face, I was referred to a dermatologist and I was prescribed Epiduo, it was hell my face erupted with breakouts which I had previously not had. 9 months on it and my face was cleared I thought it was a miracle. I came off due to going to Greece where it was 30+ degrees. About two months later my acne came back, I went on to benzoyl peroxide, 5 months of that and my face was cleared again by this time I have some dents, scars but I was clear. Early july and two weeks of clear skin my lips started to tingle and itch, weeks went by and scabs appeared on my lips, I seeked lots of help to get turned away with just come back if it gets worse blah blah blah. I had swabs taken and bloods taken all to come back negative for bacteria or fungus. I came off benzoyl peroxide end of july thinking it could be that, my lips still scabbed and itched tremendously. It was hell. 6 months of going back and forth to the doctor I had enough and paid to go privately, he told me I had rosacea, perioral dermatitis and severe body ecezema as in those six months my body broke out in rashes, my face had red itchy rashes every where and my acne was back with a vengence. I was prescribed Doxycycline for 3 months a cream for the redness on my face and cream for my body ecezema. My face has been errupting with pustules, big spots, little clusters of whiteheads, cheeks with blackheads and blackheads all over my face. Basically I look a mess, this has been going on before the Doxycycline as well.
I started Doxycycline on the 4th of feb so not that long but I really need to hear some success stories of doxycycline cause I am really down in the dumps, lower then low and I am so beaten down I dont even know how I can get back up. I cant use cleansers or anything as it will flare my face up and my acne cant get treated until my other skin conditions have settled. I know doxycycline is used to "treat" acne so Im really hoping that is the case. My life is a mess and everyday is a struggle. Im super stressed me and my boyfriend are bickering loads, I have no quality of life I just feel hopeless.
please help if you can, it really is appreciated.

MemberMember
(@roseypiedrasanta12)

Posted : 02/21/2017 2:35 pm

Hi (: i know exactly how you feel i am on doxycycline to! Been on it for about a month and have noticed my inflammation reduced and not as many new breakouts. Everyone is different it may take longer for you to notice results one thing that is helping tremendously is curology my formula contains Aztec acid and 2 other things that kill bacteria and fades dark spots. My acne is slowely going away. Hope yours will to stay hopeful i know its hard not to focus on it but it really helps if you try not to. Every time i stress about my acne i take a drink of water haha good luck!

MemberMember
(@mollywillow94)

Posted : 02/21/2017 5:53 pm

wow thanks, really appreciate it. Glad yours is working out well for you, its good to hear some happy stories. I hope mine goes that way too, only been over fourteen days so I guess its not long at all and your right some poeple take longer. Its so hard to control the misery it causes, id love to pick myself up and get on with it but my skin just keeps breaking out.. such a hard condition to live with. Thanks again. Great idea with the water as well, I bought play doh to squeeze my stress out on. It does help;P